Visual Effects Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA
As a VFX Coordinator on our Series team, you will be partnering with a VFX Manager to advise on and understand the complexities that come with supporting projects from pitch to play. We are looking for someone who has enough experience and intuition to see a show as a whole and help to set it up for success, and can anticipate how and when to engage actively to keep it on the rails. Your proactive approach will allow you to play a central role in understanding our cross-functional partners from across the studio and know when to engage. You will be a sounding board as a partner to the VFX Manager, and provide organizational support on vendor management, budgets, and other administrative duties to keep our shows on track.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provides assistance as needed with all aspects of VFX production; from development and pre-production through final delivery.
• Facilitates evolution of VFX tracking software, including title management tools and internal systems, such as Shotgun.
• Works with application developers and provides feedback to help improve and evolve studio VFX and cross-functional workflows.
• Frequently collaborates with and supports efforts to create better alignment between verticals.
• Liaise between vendors, crew, internal teams to improve cross vertical information flow.
• Tracks and manages VFX schedules, keeping stakeholders apprised of status.
• Supports the VFX manager in tracking and maintaining VFX script breakdowns, budgets, and weekly progress reporting.
• Facilitates VFX reviews with creative teams and relay feedback as needed.
• 3+ years of VFX experience within a medium to high budget studio, vendor, or production.
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment overseeing several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery).Strong organizational skills with a proactive, detail-oriented mentality and a strong problem solver.
• Team-player who operates efficiently in a fast paced team-oriented setting.
• A love of data and efficiency through using technology to solve problems. Familiarity with production and post software such as Shotgun, FileMaker, PIX, RV, Tableau, and newer platforms such as Google Suite, Cinesync, and Moxion is a big plus.
• Knowledge of digital audio and video file formats; and a technical understanding of the visual effects process.
• Working knowledge of outside VFX and Virtual Production facilities and freelance talent.
• Flexible to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters.
• Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace.
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 193 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.