Studio Logistics Team
Los Angeles, CA
Netflix is quickly growing into one of the world's most prolific entertainment studios in the world, with over 900 original productions slated for 2021. As Netflix creates more and more programming around the world, we are scaling to support the needs of diverse creative teams while continuing to foster industry-wide change. To support Netflix's large scale, global production slate, we are looking for a Coordinator to join our VFX Infrastructure, Technology & Operations team.
The Coordinator, VFX Infrastructure, Technology & Operations (VITO) will report to the Director, VFX Infrastructure, Technology & Operations and support the broader team to pave the road for the rest of the team to do their work more efficiently and effectively.
The primary focus of this role will be to work closely with the VITO Management team to help promote alignment across the department, as well as our cross functional partners. A successful candidate is self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and unwavering attention to detail at all times.
This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative. As importantly, their day to day approach should be guided by and in alignment with Netflix culture.
• Help integrate new internal productivity and collaboration tools for the team (in close collaboration with our VITO Managers).
• Track and maintain the status of all department goals and initiatives as well as socialize progress to the larger VFX team across various distribution channels.
• Organize various meetings, maintain agendas and socialize decisions and next steps to attendees.
• Raise awareness when there are opportunities for workflow improvement or successes not widely adopted by the entire team
• Foster the adoption of new workflows and helping to prepare the appropriate documentation to help with broad communication
• Help to message ongoing department updates around workflow and best practices and help document team guidelines.
• Provide general assistance on keeping the Director, VITO, as well as VITO Managers on track with projects
• Track and maintain weekly milestones, keeping stakeholders apprised of status.
• Minor data research, organization, analysis and clean up to help support the various VITO initiatives.
• 3-5 years experience working in either VFX, Animation or Gaming coordinating several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Knowledge of VFX production management workflows preferred
• Proven ability to organize and display data from various teams and applications
• High level of comfort working with database, project management and review, applications such as Coda, Excel, Google Suite, Filemaker, Shotgun, Airtable and Pix
• Highly organized, efficient and detail oriented
• Self-motivated proactive team member with the capacity to work independently
• Excellent communications skills and comfortable speaking to large groups
• Passionate about creative and emerging technology
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters.
• Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace