Netflix aspires to provide great entertainment for people everywhere from the world's best creators across TV series, films, documentaries, comedy, and more. It's an amazing time to join the Netflix team as we continue to transform entertainment. If you are a talented public relations professional with a passion for content and entertainment, keep reading.
About the Role
We are looking to hire a creative self-starter who loves, lives, and breathes entertainment, to be our Publicity Coordinator for our local Live action and Anime originals and global originals. Based in Japan, you will be part of stunning storytellers who understand Japan's entertainment industry with experience working on series and films and want to develop impactful and strategic publicity campaigns.
Reporting to the Japan Publicity Lead, the role requires excellent cross-functional relationships, and the ability to build and maintain strong rapport with internal and external stakeholders across talent, showrunners, partners, and the press.
This role will be based in Tokyo.
• Help plan and execute innovative publicity campaigns for our Japan originals and our incredible slate of locally relevant shows from all around the world to drive our business in Japan
• Support the team with creating creative single title and multi-title storytelling, and outside-the-box campaigns that spark conversations
• Build and maintain great relationships with internal and external stakeholders including reporters, talent representatives, talent/showrunners, and our partners
• Coordinate with cross-functional partners (content, production management, marketing, social marketing, etc) to consolidate feedback for multi-title & slate event (e.g-Tudum, See What's next)
• Write press releases and editorial plans
• Coordinate press activities (junket, set visits, press conferences, etc.)
• Assist with talent travel needs
• Update and maintain various publicity related tools, databases and trackers
• Prepare materials for awards & festival submissions
Depending on the size of the project, there will be expectations to manage the above roles independently
Qualifications: The successful candidate for this role will likely:
• Minimum 5 years of PR or promotion related experience and of that, at least 2+ years of experience in the entertainment industry
• Possess a keen understanding of media and have relationships with the press is a plus
• Be able and willing to operate in a global environment
• Be a clear and concise communicator in Japanese as well as in English
• Understand and align with our unique culture
• Have experience executing a PR campaign by working well cross functionally
• Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadline and thrive in high energy, fast-paced environment
Netflix Japan will not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from recruitment agencies, and we will not be responsible for any related fees. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or employees.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy3qnm-34-239-154-240-42 in your application.