Full Time Job
Coordinator, Public Policy Fiscal & Tax Policy
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionAbout Netflix:
Netflix is one of the world's leading entertainment services with 231 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, films and games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can play, pause and resume watching as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
Netflix is seeking a Coordinator of Fiscal and Tax Policy. Netflix's Public Policy team seeks to advance the company's strategic goals by proactively managing the company's relationships with government officials and advising on regulatory matters across a wide range of issues that affect Netflix's business. We are looking for a subject matter expert in finance and economics to broaden the team's ability to support analysis and advocacy on public policy issues that affect the business in the short and long term.
The Global Policy strategists support the global tax function in their advocacy efforts for Netflix. The individual selected for this opportunity will focus on crafting policy approaches leveraging on tax, financial and economics analysis which resonate with Netflix's public policy goals. In this role, you will be a subject matter expert in either of these functional disciplines, collaborate globally with cross-functional legal, tax, product, and communications teams, as well as engaging with external stakeholders.
In this role you will:
• Maintain and improve knowledge system to collect, understand, and react to tax policy information on key initiatives within the global corporate and international tax policy domain
• Collect information and support cross-functional knowledge dissemination in the field of fiscal and corporate law applicable to ESG work
• Support tax policy to proactively anticipate and react to changes in laws, regulations, directives, or tax administration practices at the global level
• Build/deploy tax intelligence and analytic capabilities in foreign markets that impact global tax and corporate regulatory positions
• Develop analysis, materials, impact assessments & other inputs to help drive tax policy development and strengthen public-sector government advocacy
• Maintain and improve working knowledge of Netflix's businesses and relationships with external stakeholders. Leverage acquired knowledge to help frame tax and corporate analyses to support strategic decision-making.
• Degree in Law, Economics, or Political Sciences with a specialization in Taxation, or MBA degree
• Minimum 3 - 5 years experience in a similar role
• Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
What will put you ahead:
• Experience in a law firm, international or regional organization,or a large multinational corporation with in-house experience
• 2/3+ years experience in a supervisory role
• Master's degree in Taxation
• Experience working within public policy development or advocacy functions
• Paris and Amsterdam are both viable locations for selection
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxxk11-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.