From The Social Dilemma to FYRE: The Greatest Party That Never Happened, American Murder to My Octopus Teacher, Netflix is the preeminent home for best-in-class documentary film content. Behind it all is the Netflix Documentary Films team; a multidisciplinary core of people passionate about creating elevated, captivating documentaries and making them available for viewers around the world to see.
We are seeking to add a new Post Production Coordinator to the UCAN Documentary Films team. This position will support Netflix Post Production Managers in executing the day-to-day tasks involved in overseeing a slate of Documentary Films produced by external filmmakers and production companies. Post Production Coordinators play a key role in communication with cross-functional team members in order to fulfill needs related to launch and delivery; tracking and organizing vital post information, workflows and deliverables from pre-production through post & wrap; as well as helping support ongoing projects with cross-departmental teams at Netflix.
A successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of and experience in post-production, as well as an insatiable curiosity and interest in all things documentaries and post-production. Candidates should be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities, with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is solution driven and a positive thinker. Candidates should excel at exercising good judgment and communication even during times of ambiguity.
Further, we're looking for someone enthusiastic about networking and getting to know editors and other key talent in the field, eager to encourage the development of the next generation of post production talent.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide a key point of contact for post with both internal and external teams throughout the process from pitch to delivery
• Support the post managers reviewing schedules, budgets, quotes, workflows as required
• Track and oversee all post schedules, keeping things up to date and well communicated
• Coordinate the onboarding of new projects with internal Specialists and as needed through the delivery process - i.e QC, localization teams, archiving assets, etc
• Set up and manage the sharing of dailies, selects, and cuts as needed; manage cut viewings for internal Creative Execs
• Set up and attend post production calls and meetings as needed
• Set up and schedule legal clearance reviews with Legal Department
• Set up key creative approval sessions when necessary (i.e mix, grade reviews, etc)
• Manage Publicity and Marketing requests and assets
• Coordinate and attend review & approval sessions for theatrical assets
• Update and manage all relevant information in internal databases - including show info, talent, locations and rates, etc
• Coordinate with internal and external teams to track and ensure complete and accurate delivery of all needed assets
• Keeping up to date with Netflix tools, specs and technologies
• Working with internal teams to identify ways to improve communication systems, efficiency and effectiveness.
• Attend post events, shows and meetings as required, representing Netflix at the highest standard at all times
• Minimum 3-5 years of non-fiction post-production experience in either a project supervising or managerial role. Documentary experience strongly preferred.
• Experience in a fast paced environment overseeing several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• A passion for documentary films, and a comfort navigating the ever-changing plans that go hand-in-hand with documentary filmmaking
• Knowledge of current trends for post production workflows for both UHD/4K, Dolby Vision/HDR, and Dolby Atmos
• Familiar with professional-grade camera formats and compression and post production tools used during editorial, online, grading and sound post workflows
• Team-player who thrives in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Desire and self motivation to continuously learn
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Track record of fostering, building and maintaining relationships with filmmakers, post supervisors, editors, and key vendors.
• Proficiency in Google Suite and budgeting software would be advantageous
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r115zm-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.