We are seeking an experienced Coordinator to support the Original Documentary Features team from our Singapore office. This person will help us leverage documentary to tell the region's most compelling stories both locally and to our members around the world. This role will support projects from a creative perspective from pitch/development through to final delivery.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and communication.
• Track and evaluate all incoming material (including pitches, books, other IP, etc) and provide recommendations to leadership.
• Track title schedules and key dates for delivery, payments, start dates, options, etc. Maintain large grids and internal databases with this information.
• Identify promising titles and IP from producers and rights holders throughout the region, leveraging existing Netflix relationships as well as working to build new ones.
• This role will help carry projects from a creative perspective from pitch / development through to final delivery assisting creative executives
• Build Netflix's reputation within the local creative community as the go-to producer/distributor of high quality documentary films.
• Oversee the development and execution of documentary content conceptualization through to production and launch.
• Partner closely with cross-functional teams within Netflix, including Content Planning & Analysis, Marketing & Communications, Business & Legal Affairs, and others.
• 7+ years of content industry experience in producorial or development roles, with much of that experience centered around documentary content.
• Strong creative sense and ability to deliver strong notes and feedback to creators as they work to complete their projects with Netflix.
• High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines.
• Ability to collaborate closely with a growing global documentary team with members around the region and world.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Ability and willingness to travel for official work.
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting.
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and Google Mail.
• BA/BS Degree.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1j5m-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.