Music Creative Production provides premiere music support to our productions and Netflix cross-functional partners by leveraging relationships and guiding the music creative, scoring, and budgeting process from development to launch. Our goal is to empower Netflix to entertain the world by deepening fan engagement and amplifying storytelling through music.
If you are someone with a passion for both the development and execution of music for content and who thrives in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment, this role may be for you.
Your day to day will include
• Read and break down incoming scripts for music needs, flagging upcoming visual vocals/on cameras, potential licensing issues (challenging song approvals, grand rights, etc.)
• Creatively recommend composers, music supervisors, and songwriters for series projects (aligning with music licensing on music supervisors and post on music editors)
• Liaise with agents/reps during the personnel hiring process, ensuring key dates, project information, and watermarked materials are distributed. Help field project inquiries as needed
• Prepare and distribute onboarding materials to partners, music supervisors and composers
• Make appropriate introductions between production and music personnel, also ensuring that music hires are receiving scripts and cuts from production
• Attend regular check-ins with music supervisors/composers, taking relevant notes and connecting with the Manager on action items
• Review cuts flagging unaddressed music needs/clearance issues as they arise in conjunction with music supervisor, composer, production, post, etc.
• Maintain consistent communication between Music Legal Team/Music Licensing partners of relevant MCP updates/action items
• Work closely with Cuetrack and Music Marketing to ensure their delivery needs are met.
• Align with Post, Music Legal, and Title Ops on subtitling/dubbing plans, sourcing lyrics/lead sheets when requested
• Ensure/help facilitate the upload of music deliverables
• Support and collaborate with creative marketing, marketing music, awards, and/or publicity on ancillary music opportunities (events, soundtracks, etc.)
• Attend show-specific/studio meetings/check-ins and provide music updates
• 5+ years of experience working in Film or Television music
• Prior experience working in music production, music engineering/editing, orchestra contracting, composing, or music supervision
• Knowledge of the music industry, digital streaming platforms, music publishing, music licensing, record labels, PROs, and music business affairs & legal a plus
• Comfortability being project and talent facing
• Highly organizational and comfortable creating and maintaining systems
• Team player with the ability to prioritize, respond, pivot quickly, think practically, positively, and be solution-oriented
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably on multiple projects under tight time frames in a fast-paced production environment
• Open to suggestions and feedback
• Exercises good judgment and initiative when making decisions
• Proficiency in Google Workspace and Project Management Tools (Slack, Asana) is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d856j6-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.