Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs, Original Series
Los Angeles, CA
Netflix is seeking an experienced legal coordinator or contracts administrator to work on a variety of matters related to its original content. The successful candidate will primarily work on the Original Independent Features and Major Studio Licensing content; supporting both owned and licensed films with broad responsibility for coordinating the management and dissemination of a high volume of contracts and other pertinent documentation. A significant focus of this role will be responsibility for legal delivery but the successful candidate will also be responsible for: fostering and managing communication and alignment between various departments, working closely with content producers and licensors, tracking, reviewing and organizing a high volume of legal and production documentation, production wrap materials; and other general deal tracking and administration.
• 5+ years production and/or business & legal affairs experience, working within a studio/network environment, production office or entertainment law firm.
• Prior experience with legal delivery preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment interacting with productions, other departments (e.g., Production, Business & Legal Affairs, Marketing, Finance), and third party vendors and entities.
• Tech-savvy individual proficient in Gmail and Google Docs with a strong sense of how cloud-based document and database systems are used in a modern business environment.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively, think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Discretion. Can be trusted to maintain confidentiality and safeguard valuable information.
• Skilled at identifying priorities. Capable of asking questions, proactively seeking clarity and moving quickly to action.
• Willingness to tackle matters outside areas of expertise.