Netflix's Labor Relations team is seeking a Coordinator who will provide support to the Original Studio Film and Original Indies Film team. The successful candidate will have prior experience in a business affairs, legal, production, and/or labor relations setting, and will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast-paced role that requires curiosity and significant initiative. The successful candidate will report to Senior Counsel, Labor Relations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Administer guild and union signatory set-up for production entities.
• Assist production personnel with submission of WGA Weekly Worklists and DGA-required reports.
• Attend cross-functional film sync meetings as needed with labor executives and track labor issues.
• Conduct research and assist with investigation of guild/union grievances/claims.
• Handle/assist with submission of union/guild waiver requests.
• Assist in compiling data for industry pension and health plan audits.
• Create and maintain status logs for grievances/claims; waivers and audits.
• Handle/assist with union/guild information requests.
• Update Film status charts.
• Maintain hard copy and digital library of collective bargaining agreements, Memorandum of Agreements and wage rates.
• Research and respond to SAG-AFTRA background performer claims.
• Support the Labor Relations team on projects, priorities, and production schedules.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• BA/BS required;
• 5+ years of related work experience is required;
• Demonstrated good judgment and strong critical thinking skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment;
• Comfortable with fluidity and iteration, and open to change and new ideas.
• High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines;
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.