It's the chance to work with a team that is transforming television through quality films that launch worldwide, and an innovative platform that enables viewers to watch any time, on any device. Netflix has grown to over 190 countries with 195+ million members. With more incredible films on the way and continued international expansion, it's a great time to join Netflix.
The Coordinator, Kids & Family Animation Publicity will play a key role in supporting the growing Kids & Family Animation publicity team.
Tasks are varied, extensive, and timely. They will include but are not limited to:
• Tracking and updating information related to our films and series in a timely way including news announcement calendar, project calendar, fast facts, coverage, and biographies.
• Day-to-day maintenance of budgets, track and submit payments, and submit POs.
• Coordinating with outside agencies and vendors to track contracts and ensure timely payment, create and submit SOWs and contracts and PO schedule for payment, onboard new vendors as needed.
• Supporting press with assets and publicity materials, assisting with interview schedules.
• Liaising with team that translates press releases for worldwide use and local agencies to distribute said releases.
• Working with cross-functional with teams such as Content, Marketing, Awards, Communication, Consumer Products, and Regional PR.
• Creating and managing talent itineraries and book and oversee all aspects of the trip to ensure all goes smoothly including troubleshooting as needed.
• Securing screening rooms and coordinate logistics including delivery of the DCP, payment, and drive-ons.
• Assigning titles across various internal databases including the Media Center
• Supporting junket, festival, premiere, and press day activities including car grids and coordination, day of logistics, and select talent handling duties.
• Negotiating glam rates and work with agencies to ensure payment.
• Updating and maintaining various lists, documents, and charts on the department's google drive.
• Creating Publicity and Taskforce distribution lists.
• Assisting with the team schedule and facilitation, including help put together presentations, and coordinating of audiovisual needs.
The Successful Candidate Is:
• Confident and able to express ideas thoughtfully and with passion
• Meticulous about the details, every single one of them
• Thorough, completes tasks and follows up
• Passionate about entertainment. A rabid fan of film and pop culture. Animation a big plus
• Scrappy, resourceful and relentless in trying to find a solution before escalating issues
• Able to anticipate potential problems and knows when to ask for help
• Organized, organized, organized -- i.e. there's a label on your label maker
• Poised, not scared to speak up with the team, and mature
• Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines and pressure
• Able to pivot and adapt to shifting priorities without missing a beat
• A proactive and positive thinker and a contributor to the team
• Knows Google Drive like the back of their hand
• Able to function effectively as a part of a loosely coupled but highly-aligned team
• Effective in dealing with global PR agencies, talent reps, and internal executives
• A great communicator - via email, by phone, in person - and simultaneously
• Able to see this opportunity as a stepping stone for a career in publicity
The successful candidate for the Coordinator, Animated Film Publicity will have 3-5+ years of entertainment experience including animation publicity, either in a studio or agency setting. She/he will be a clear and concise communicator in a variety of media.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
Demonstrated ability to think innovatively-connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed
Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a hands-on role, with a bias to action, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
A smart minimalist
Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
Has a Point of View
An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
Moves quickly and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done at a nice clip.
Deep sense of personal integrity with sound judgment, transparent about challenges or failures and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits, and relocation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxoe11-3-92-28-52-42 in your application.