Production Assistant, Highlights
Los Angeles, CA
With over 190 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to work at Netflix. Our efforts have brought Netflix to virtually every country around the globe, and we are excited to bring even more of our programming to our viewers everywhere.
The Contract Coordinator role for the Original Animation, Business and Legal Affairs team involves following and managing the life cycle of contractual terms and obligations of agreements (e.g., tracking deal terms, financial obligations, options and renewals, and ensuring prompt and accurate payments) for original content developed and produced by the Original Animation team, our partner studios and licensors. You must be highly organized with an unwavering attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, be quick-thinking, adaptable to change, able to juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time and self-motivated. You must be a team player with the ability to work proactively, independently and collaboratively (as the circumstances dictate), and reliably under tight time-frames in a fast-paced environment.
The position will:
• Review and enter contract terms into proprietary contract tracking tools;
• Ensure accuracy of contract terms (deal terms and final executed terms) within each tracking tool;
• Communicate and partner with Original Animation, Business and Legal Affairs team members regarding contractual rights and obligations;
• Ensure above-the-line payroll start paperwork is timely issued and received, complete and accurate;
• Provide internal contract-related support post execution to various cross-functional partners within the Original Animation team;
• Act as internal and external point-of-contact for payment-related questions;
• Prepare payment authorizations and payment schedules for above-the-line talent deals, and facilitate timely and accurate payments as they come due;
• Work with respective Original Animation Business and Legal Affairs team members to improve contract management workflows and best practices to increase operational efficiency; and
• Maintain flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned.
• BA or BS required;
• At least 1-3 years of relevant experience, in business and legal affairs, production payroll and/or contract administration at a major studio;
• Knowledge and comfort with software systems in a legal environment such as deal management, document management, contract management, e-signature, and e-billing/matter management;
• Ability to read and understand legal contracts and articulate issues using creative, production or financial context;
• Ability to work effectively and collaborate cross-functionally with multiple internal groups;
• Strong organizational and time-management skills;
• Animation contract administration experience preferred; and
• Fluency with Google Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
In addition, the candidate will possess:
• Good judgment, strong critical thinking skills and the desire and willingness to take ownership and control of complex projects;
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise;
• Ability to think proactively and be solution-oriented;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills (candor, honesty);
• Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment;
• Ability to think pragmatically and be solution‐oriented;
• Ability to embrace change, be adaptable and open to new ideas; and
• A passion for animation.