HR Business Partner, Director
Los Gatos, CA
The Contingent Talent (CT) team is responsible for the strategy, operations, and guidance across the Temp-Worker, Independent Contractor, and Vendor space globally. Our team makes it easy for Netflix managers to engage with the contingent workforce by providing training, education, and guidelines to minimize Netflix's risk when engaging contingent workers (non-employees). We offer data and insights on contingent worker planning, hiring, and strategy which enables our business partners to make informed decisions and engage the right contingent talent, quickly, through a great experience.
We are looking for a Contingent Talent Program Manager to join our talent organization in either Los Gatos or Los Angeles, CA. As a member of the Contingent Talent Leadership Team, you will manage a high-performing team of Coordinators that are responsible for the coordination of contingent payrolling services, administration for contingent on/off-boarding, and maintaining contingent worker and supplier data in various systems. The Program Manager will partner with local and regionally based peers across the world to synthesize the delivery of ongoing support & strategy of Netflix's global contingent talent offering.
In this role you will:
• Build and manage a team of geo-dispersed CT Coordinators within the UCAN region
• Create functional alignment and standardization of the CT Coordination efforts globally with an emphasis on the unique requirements necessary for each region/country
• Partner with regionally-based Program Managers & CT Specialists on their needs related to contingent talent tools, resources, programs, reporting, data, and metrics.
• Re-imagine our back-office organizational structure to create a simplified framework for all workflows, tools, and resources
• Build a support practice that allows Program Managers and Specialists to spend more time interfacing with hiring leaders, HRBPs, contingent workers, supplier partners and less time on administrative or routine tasks/requests
• Interface with various teams to drive improvements to the contingent candidate experience - provide a memorable experience from interview through offboarding
• Collaborate with functional partners (Workplace, Technology & Talent Experience & Operations teams, etc.) to create efficiencies with contingent worker onboarding & offboarding, data and reporting)
• Provide support to contingent workers, managers, and supplier partners via emails, various tools, and chat channels
• Lead the team to action system updates such as transfers, data changes, and end dates in various systems and tools including our HRIS, CRM, ATS, and Contingent Talent Tool
• Create a data-reconciliation practice to ensure 100% data integrity across all tools & systems
• Partner with Program Managers and VMS vendor to drive system configurations & tooling enhancements based on workflow changes/optimization.
Own workstream for testing new functionalities, integrations, and routine updates/additions to Contingent Talent Tool and Workday.
• Build a global training framework (tool, resources, context) that allows new CT Team members to quickly become operationally savvy & impactful at all levels
• Own a variety of projects requiring you to partner with internal and external stakeholders
To be successful, you are:
• A proven people leader who can build high performing teams in complex environments
• A problem-solver with a knack for operations and simplifying the complex; you collaborate to build tools and resources for your team
• An inclusive leader; you build teams of people with diverse perspectives and experiences and collaborate effectively with people of various backgrounds and cultures
• Consistently driven toward operational efficiencies and enjoy leveraging technology to automate tasks and deliver data insights
• An expert in learning the administration of various systems & technology with a keen eye for integrations, data integrity, testing, and troubleshooting
• Able to work through ambiguity, juggle multiple projects, and can easily set priorities for your team members
• Deeply organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter - you document your learnings to help others
• Successful in working with various stakeholders including business leaders, hiring managers, internal departments/functions, supplier partners, candidates, and contractors
• Accustomed to multitasking and meeting multiple tight deadlines
• A team player; open to offer, solicit and receive creative and constructive feedback to continue the team's success and efficiency
• Able to flex between roles, tasks, and initiatives depending on what's best for the business
• Selfless; you are open-minded and always in search of great ideas
• Comfortable working across timezones and within all levels of an organization
• Curious about Netflix and the initiatives of the various organizations globally
• Passionate about creating the best contingent talent program on the planet
Skills and Experience:
• HR, systems administration, staffing-agency leadership and/or client service experience is ideal
• You will bring 10+ years of equivalent experience
• 5+ years in a people management role
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• You are a good problem solver, you know the right questions to ask to take on the situation at hand using the resources available to you
• You have intermediate experience with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Sheets, Slides, etc), Airtable, DocuSign, Workday, and various recruiting & HRIS systems
• Expert level presentation, project management, written and verbal communication skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o70e-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.