Asset Management Specialist
Los Angeles, CA
We're looking for a creative and highly organized YouTube ninja to lead the day-to-day channel management for our Netflix Futures (preteen) and Netflix Jr (pre-k) YouTube channels. This person should have expertise on how the YouTube algorithm works and a passion for kids content, even if the work they're currently doing is not focused on targeting these particular aged 2-12 audiences. They should care deeply about making every single video launch the absolute best it can be, have a passion for innovation, and be able to set clear expectations and deadlines for partners.
Our ideal candidate is a scrappy & resourceful project manager who takes initiative and is a stickler for detail. We need someone with experience running the nuts and bolts of a YouTube channel, developing an audience with endemic content, and contextualizing analytics insights. This person is up to date on platform changes and video trends, knows the art and science of a perfect title and thumbnail for a YT video, and can keep track of many videos at varying points of the workflow.
Scope of Responsibilities:
• Ensure each video has complete and optimized components & work with the ops team to maintain a daily upload cadence across both channels. Basic video editing experience in Premiere or equivalent tool is preferred.
• Write/design or optimize metadata and thumbnails on all videos. Basic Photoshop experience is required.
• Manage and maintain editorial schedules and tagging in our internal tracking and calendaring system (AirTable)
• Select and manage pulls of YouTube-optimized clips
• Produce videos with external and internal creative partners from concept through execution & publish
• Source creative from and provide updates to cross-functional and external partners, including but not limited to talent & publicists, title campaign-level marketing, operations and publicity team members, media operations, and product creative coordinators
• Proactively manage channel page-level updates (channel trailer, featured lists) and playlists
• Monitor daily performance on a video, format, title, and channel level - flagging noteworthy indicators and suggesting optimization pivots based on initial data
• Work with the Marketing Strategy and Operations team to create weekly reports and establish benchmarks (with assistance from in-house dashboards, basic analytics experience in YouTube Studio needed here
- you'll be looking for trends and analyzing patterns based on the data provided)
• Shepherd assets through localization workflow as needed, to support regional needs
• Keep up to date with platform updates and trends and make corresponding recommendations and pivots