Campaign Operations Manager - Japan
We are looking for an experienced manager to oversee title-level campaign production, project management, creative operations, and localization of marketing assets for our Japanese Netflix title campaigns. This person will be joining our Creative Marketing Production team, a center-of-excellence for creative operations and production, working closely with Marketing & Communications groups at Netflix to connect our stories with millions of people worldwide.
With 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries, Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service and is powered by a work culture that's focused on high performance and continuous improvement. This is a great opportunity to shape the future of how we enable the best execution of marketing campaigns, on both quality and scale, as we continue to grow our slate of local and global original, exclusive content.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the end-to-end production process of all our promotional assets for our local Japanese titles. You will be the go-to partner to all cross functional teams, facilitating alignment between global and local teams dedicated to creative, strategy, media, localization, marketing, publicity and social. You will work closely with producers in our video, art & print, digital and local production teams to meet operational campaign needs. This means that you are a nimble, solutions-oriented, project management expert, and thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires you to bridge competing priorities amongst global, regional and local teams.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a strong operational & production consultant partner to our Marketing teams in Japan by managing and planning overall campaign timelines, budgets, project deliverables and resources.
• Proactively pre-empt and solve for long-term solutions whilst being able to pivot and be flexible on short-term needs.
• Lead and manage cross-functional communications and workflows, ensuring effective exchange of campaign information and asset deliverables with both internal and external partners.
• Collaborate proactively with a team of internal producers responsible for managing production, finishing, localisation, and trafficking of promotional materials across multiple marketing output channels.
• Exercise sound judgment when working with teams to create, manage and communicate succinctly delivery and launch plans including projects that fall outside the norm.
• Partner with internal teams (Product, Post-Production, Globalisation, Marketing) when exceptions arise (e.g., changing timelines, new promotional tactics) and serve as primary point of contact on operational matters.
• Oversee project management across campaigns to assure that we eliminate time sensitive bottlenecks and produce high-quality creative with appropriate velocity.
• Manage day-to-day escalations and troubleshooting of production issues.
• Oversee creative production scope, budget, and resources.
• Use data to inform production best practices, eliminating inefficiencies throughout our operational workflows.
• Partnering with external parties with such things as guiding local production agencies for creating/delivering trailers
• Proactively seek out and implement improvements and/or simplify our cross-functional workflows.
• Be a source of truth, exude patience and instill trust in your partners.
• Thrive in curiosity.
• Model our culture by exhibiting Inclusion, Courage, Innovation, Passion, Communication and Judgement.
• Over 7 years of senior-level marketing-led project management / operational experience, with an emphasis on integrated production including video / broadcast, print / OOH and digital/social asset production and delivery.
• Marketing and/or Entertainment operations experience in an environment spanning myriad asset types and platforms, managing complex timelines, budgets and scope.
• Expert knowledge of marketing campaigns and asset localisation workflows.
• Proficient technical knowledge in either Video or Digital types and formats while understanding the fundamentals of asset ingestion and management, servicing and trafficking.
• A passion for project management, budgeting & operations and a thirst to do more with less, to work smarter not harder.
• Exercise sound judgement and flexibility, prioritising people and solutions over process when necessary.
• The ability to synthesise a lot of information to distill root cause and make informed decisions when working with internal and external teams, always ensuring communication is timely, succinct and consistent.
• A strong communicator with an excellent track record of managing teams across multiple levels regardless of hierarchy and seniority.
• Strong Commercial and Operational acumen.
• Language proficiency - Japanese: Fluent English: Business Level
• A deep understanding of business and cultural sensitivities.
• International work experience is preferred.
• See Who We Are and what our Culture is like.
• You are passionate and curious about all aspects of marketing & creative and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
• You are a natural team leader, with the ability to conceptualize and articulate creative production and trafficking workflow that all will rally around.
• You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity.
• You are an agile, goal-oriented personality, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4ynj7-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.