Business, Legal & Labour Affairs - Coordinator/Counsel (Nordics)
We are now seeking a lawyer to join our Business & Legal affairs team, for work in a broad and interesting role, supporting both our Labour team and the Nordics Business & Legal affairs team.
The successful candidate will assist on union-related matters primarily in the Nordics, with some exposure to other territories in EMEA. Our new colleague will also participate in structuring, negotiating and drafting agreements for development, commissioning and production of Netflix series and films, being proactive to assist the team on union-related matters as these relate to acquisition and exploitation of rights.
The ideal candidate has thorough knowledge and practical experience of union clearance and in any case, prior experience in a business & legal affairs, production and/or labor relations setting, and will be self-motivated, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail.
• Research, update and maintain union guidance in the different territories
• Provide support on collective bargaining agreements and contractual clauses
• Assist with preparation of negotiations of union agreements
• Structure, draft and negotiate production agreements, union clearance agreements and talent agreements
• Advise on intellectual property, such as production-clearance, local laws and practice in region
• Support teams internally in both EMEA and the US
• Research, compile, and prepare data for negotiations and union rights payments.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
We seek out colleagues who are comfortable making decisions that have both legal and business impact, and who will become trusted partners for both our internal teams and external production partners.
• Law degree;
• Proven years of related work experience; (will consider differing levels of experience)
• Demonstrated good judgment and strong critical thinking skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes;
• Comfortable with fluidity and open to change and new ideas;
• High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines;
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
Fluency in English and a Scandinavian language is required.
This position will be based in Stockholm, with regular travel in EMEA.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roxyy2-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.