Los Angeles, CA
It's an amazing time to be joining Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment globally. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. Our merchandise, publishing and experiences can bring our stories to real life and extend those stories beyond what fans see on the service, allowing fans to explore worlds more deeply, and ultimately express their fandom
We are looking for an Associate, Retail Business Development & Distribution to support retail business development across the UCAN mass & specialty accounts. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, with the overall goal of ensuring that Netflix consumer products are an extension of our titles and delivering on our promise to create fan joy.
• Be a champion of the opportunity, vision, pitch and message with regards to our retail strategy
• Manage daily relationships with key retail account merchants; providing updated content/licensee information, resolving issues,etc.
• Drive retail development of our content across all categories (eg. toys, collectibles, apparel, consumables, etc) through managing relationships with specialty & mass accounts in an omnichannel environment (brick & mortar and e-commerce)
• Analyze and evaluate sales data, understand the competition, consumer behavior and current industry trends to aid efforts & assess prospective business opportunities
• Be informed of the priorities and complexities of cross-functional teams (e.g. content, marketing, publicity, PR, social, etc.) and understand how consumer products benefits and supports other teams' work
• Work cohesively with other teams currently operating with Retail to optimize opportunity: Brand Partnerships, Publishing, Marketing, Experiences
• Understand and identify retailer-specific channel strategies to create diverse product lines that satisfy the evolving needs of all global markets and retail channels
A Typical Day Might Include:
• Identifying, pitching & driving new retail account opportunities
• Responding to the needs of the business and corresponding with retail partners and licensees
• Reviewing upcoming titles and working with the Merchandise Brand Strategy team to gain a deep understanding of our content roster
• Meeting with retailers & licensees to ensure consumer product programs are unique, innovative, and complementary to marketing priorities
• Update merchants on licensee lists, marketing plans, assets, etc.
• Partner with various analytical teams to review performance metrics to analyze trends, and provide recommendations for winning consumer-facing initiatives
• Track retail program performance to goals and benchmarks as well as provide recommendations & opportunities for improvement
What we need from you:
• Demonstrated, 5+ years of experience in sales, executing retail programs with entertainment or lifestyle, private brands
• Passionate and curious about retail, design, trends and content
• Out-of-the box thinker/innovator in finding and securing unique specialty accounts that organically tie in with our content
• Goal-oriented, flexible, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge
• A natural and deep affection for film and television
• Strong network of industry contacts within retail, marketing and licensing
• College degree (nice to have)
• International experience i.e. Canada (nice to have)
• Organized, effective communicator, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Deep engagement competency and ability to work with multiple, disparate stakeholders to achieve the best outcome for Netflix. You can read more about our company culture here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxve1o-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.