It's an exciting time to work at Netflix!
As we continue to grow our slate of original programming across the globe, our Music team is seeking an experienced and visionary Cue Sheet Coordinator to support our Music Data, Tech, and Rights team based in Los Angeles. Beyond ensuring our productions have the most accurate cue sheets in the business, our work with the Music and the Rights team is also focused on helping internal parties, and collaborators have timely and easy access to our music data whenever they need it.
In this unique and exciting role, you will have responsibility for vital components of our cue sheet and catalog administration processes and actively contribute to cue sheet innovation to help shape our cue sheet management and delivery strategy. As a music and cue sheet expert, you understand the process involved in creating, synchronizing, performing, and exploiting a musical work. You have mastered the art of cue sheet preparation, and in your view, no cue sheet data or project is too small or insignificant; you excel regardless of the task. Knowing the many moving parts of the process, you are flexible and a true collaborator. You approach each task with enthusiasm and curiosity because you believe processes can always be improved. You are a dynamic and selfless individual who works to assist various productions at a time, effectively aligning music supervisors, music editors, and other production personnel to create and ensure timely delivery of accurate cue sheet data with ease. You're an advocate of using tools to create cue sheets, but are mindful of the global challenges surrounding cue sheet creation, so you are resourceful and creative when faced with these challenges. Your thorough understanding of why cue sheets matter results in keen attention to detail and accuracy that you impart to everyone involved in the music production process. The successful candidate must be excited about and thrive in our unique company culture.
• Overseeing the creation, review, and delivery of music cue sheets and maintaining and improving our cue sheet database
• Support and guide productions with the implementation of cue sheet protocols to ensure the proper creation and distribution of music cue sheets
• Liaising and coordinating with foreign sub-publishers and working directly with music publishers and performing rights societies to timely submit cue sheets, resolve discrepancies and fulfill cue sheet requests
• Facilitate the administration and exploitation of our repertoire as we continue to grow our music footprint around the world
• Work to efficiently track and analyze music usage and ownership to help evolve how we exploit and develop our music IP
• Spearheading, collaborating, and strategizing with the Manager, Music Administration in projects specific to Netflix's present and future music needs
• The successful candidate will have hands-on experience working in the music industry, focusing on the cue sheet experience, preferably at a studio, TV network/production company, or a streaming service
• Knowledge of the music clearance and licensing process, commissioning of original music, and the administration of music catalogs
• Mastery of various available cue sheet tools and formats and public music databases
• Unparalleled organizational skills and unwavering attention to detail
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, oral, and written communication skills.
• Ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced production environment
• Highly collaborative with the ability to be fluid and respond positively to change and new ideas
• Ability to pivot quickly and be resourceful, think practically, and be solution-oriented
• Curiosity and eagerness to tackle additional projects as needed and tackle matters outside area of expertise
• Experience working or collaborating with partners globally and/or knowledge of a second language a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3v58n-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.