Netflix is the preeminent home for best-in-class documentary content. Behind it all sits the Netflix's Documentary Series team; an organization of people who are passionate about creating elevated, captivating documentaries and making them available for viewers all around the globe to see.
We are seeking a Post Production expert to add to the UCAN Documentary Series Post Production Team in Los Angeles. This position will work with Netflix Post Production Managers in executing the day to day tasks involved in overseeing a slate of Documentary Series produced by external production companies. Post Production Associate Managers act as a key point of contact with both external and internal partners; tracking and organizing vital post information and workflows from pre-production through post & wrap, as well as contributing to ongoing projects with cross-departmental teams at Netflix.
A successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of post-production, with hands on experience working on shows in post, and an insatiable curiosity in all things documentary. Candidates should be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse tasks, with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is solution oriented and a positive thinker. Candidates should excel at exercising good judgment and communication even during times of ambiguity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Track and oversee all post schedules, keeping things up to date and well communicated
• Set up and manage cut viewings for internal Creative Execs
• Set up, attend and take notes for post production calls and meetings as needed
• Key point of contact for post with both internal and external teams throughout the process from pitch to delivery
• Coordinate onboarding new projects with internal Specialists and as needed through the delivery process - i.e QC, localization teams, archiving assets, etc
• Manage Publicity and Marketing requests and assets
• Update and manage all relevant information in internal databases - including show info, talent, locations and rates, etc
• Set up key creative approval sessions when necessary (i.e mix, grade reviews, etc)
• Set up and schedule legal clearance reviews with Legal Department
• Support the post managers reviewing schedules, budgets, quotes, workflows as required
• Keeping up to date with Netflix tools, specs and technologies
• Attend post events, shows and meetings as required, representing Netflix at the highest standard at all times
• Minimum 3-5 years of non-fiction post-production experience in either a project supervising or managerial role. Documentary experience is a plus.
• Experience in a fast paced environment overseeing several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• A passion for documentary content, and a comfort navigating the ever-changing plans that go hand in hand with documentary filmmaking.
• Knowledge of current trends and workflows for both UHD/4K, Dolby Vision/HDR, and Dolby Atmos.
• Familiar with professional-grade camera formats and compression and post production tools used during editorial, online, grading and sound post workflows.
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Desire and self motivation to continuously learn
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask
• Proficiency in Google Suite and budgeting software would be advantageous
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $58,000 - $230,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmym12-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.