Associate, Content Strategy and Analysis
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Content Planning & Analysis group is looking for an Associate to focus on Financial Planning & Analysis for Korean content. This role will be a critical and integrated business partner to the Korean content acquisition teams and be responsible for financial planning and analytics for the company's rapidly expanding programming initiatives. This position will reside within the company's Seoul office.
• Support near-term and long-term P&L and Cash forecasts across the full range of content categories including Original Local Language TV and Film Productions for/from Korea.
• Collaborate with the Korean content teams to capture the latest operating plans in a timely and accurate manner to provide the organization with visibility on plans and execution toward programming strategy.
• Provide weekly Risk and Opportunities assessment to inform about latest business developments and potential budget needs / give back.
• Manage monthly Forecast Submission for Expense and Cash, including variance analysis.
• Prepare budget updates presentations for Content management which will be used for taking operational actions and making strategic decisions.
• Forecast programming flow and analytics to plan for long-term programming health across markets.
• Provide recommendations on how to adjust future spending to track towards investment goals across content categories and geographies.
• Prepare dynamic scenario analysis to facilitate discussion when faced with economic trade-offs.
• Develop KPIs, metrics and dashboards to understand current and future programming mix.
• Improve workflows to scale with the growth in original productions.
• Maintain the financial planning tool with reliable data regarding Korean content and provide suggestions for system improvement when relevant.
• Ad Hoc analysis and requests from FP&A and Content teams.
• Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators.
• Prior experience in financial planning & analysis in the entertainment industry, corporate finance, investment banking, or public accounting is preferred. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of superior financial and strategic analysis and delivering actionable recommendations based on this analysis.
• The successful candidate must display initiative in anticipating and exceeding the business demands of senior-level executives. He/She must thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, flexible, and be able to work effectively autonomously.
• 5+ years of relevant experience. Prior experience in Media / Entertainment Financial Planning & Analysis preferred.
• Extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis.
• Must have proficiency working with systems and automated reporting tools (i.e., Hyperion, SAP, Workday financials, etc.). Financial systems development experience is a plus.
• Superior proficiency with Excel; complex financial modeling.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Fluent in Korean and English.
• 4-year degree in relevant field with strong academic performance, MBA preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of Korean content market a plus.
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 190 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages.