The Art Director will be the key partner in the execution of new high-fidelity, groundbreaking mobile games. You will be the motivational foundation of the Art team and will help define the visual direction of the game. Additionally, you will be one of the key communications conduits for design and programming. You will act as both a manager and a mentor, fostering a team culture of collaboration, inclusivity, and empowerment. You will strive to develop processes and solutions that help to support a sustainable work life for your team.
• Direct multiple art disciplines on a project team
• Provide art direction and feedback to team of artists and external vendors
• Supervise, train, mentor, motivate and support the development of Artists
• Coach team members to their optimum performance levels, and ensure the team receives regular reviews and one-on-one meetings
• Manage performance within the team in a way that encourages autonomy, mastery, and purpose
• Create visual touchstone assets that inspire and set visual direction for others. (concepts, models, paint-overs).
• Maintain current and working knowledge on industry/market trends, make recommendations as appropriate
• Partner with the Studio Art Director to own and define assigned aspects of the project as directed
• Contribute to developing custom pipelines for project with specific creative and technological needs in collaboration with engineering
• Participate in daily production meetings to ensure art is on track
• Anticipate, identify, and present problem areas and develop preventative solutions for the team
• Partner with production to ensure schedules and plans meet business and project needs
• Partner with senior management to ensure team is healthy and strong
• Work closely with game design to ensure art enhances the player experience
• Present designs to clients for approval
• Exemplify reliability, accountability, and professionalism in all work-related interaction
• Lead by example, creating a strong sense of purpose and community, promoting a culture of excellence and inclusivity, encouraging a sustainable work/life balance
Skills and Abilities:
• A proven ability to visually solve problems in collaboration with the broader game team including other artists, art leads, and design leads
• Excellent written and verbal communication. Comfortable interacting and presenting to all levels of the company, key stakeholders, and publishers.
• Excellent attention to detail and strong desire to iterate and improve on processes
• Demonstrate fundamentals of leadership, including clear and proactive communication, meeting moderation, and oversight of large cross-disciplinary initiatives
• Ability to manage multiple, competing tasks and be self-directed to meet deadlines in a quickly evolving environment with little to no supervision
• Positive attitude and ability to receive and provide objective and constructive feedback
• Ability to coach, manage, mitigate, and prioritize through stressful situations for you and your team
Education and Experience
• 7 years' experience crafting video game art
• 3 years experience as a lead artist or art director
• Experience working with an art director to develop a unique and cohesive visual style
• Intimate familiarity with interactive fiction type games
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Our core hours are 10:00am to 6:00pm cst, which means you should be available for meetings etc. during this time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary range description
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $120,000 - 250,000
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqew11-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.