Senior Software Engineer, Marketing and Promotional Media Technology
Los Angeles, CA
Who are we?
Netflix's Creative Production Team is in part responsible for developing engaging promotional creative (videos, imagery, text, synopses, etc) to launch content at a global scale. Creative Studio Labs within Creative Production experiments with compelling artwork, video, and audio for our global platform. As a part of Creative Labs, this role is responsible for empowering team members to be more strategic and data-informed in their decisions around promotional media. The charter is to empower creative producers and makers with data-informed strategies which elevate the work and provide an optimal experience for Netflix members.
An Analyst thinks at a high level to collaborate on the development of creative strategies that contribute to improved promotional imagery, AV, and copy that represent shows and films on Netflix. You possess a strong ability to partner closely and effectively with a variety of internal teams, as well as partners external to Netflix, to develop not only the strategies but also the metrics, tools, and tests that allow us to arrive at them. You are always thinking about how testing both on and off of our product can drive improvements in the ways we promote to our members, as well as how we elevate and innovate upon the actual work. You are a translator of data and testing results, providing far reaching insights across our growing global business. You connect dots and recognize throughlines across the work of our globally dispersed Labs team while always rooting your work in larger aligned-on business objectives.
Role and Responsibilities
• Leading and attending cross-functional meetings with partners to understand ongoing and upcoming product business objectives and prioritizing creative questions and ideas according to those business objectives (i.e. emerging markets, automation-assisted asset creation for scale, etc.).
• Prioritizing business objectives and ideas from key stakeholders to develop creative curiosities into testing hypotheses and strategies.
• Drafting and driving the execution of specific qualitative and quantitative analyses on the various creative assets.
• Collaborating with data science partners on metric, tooling, and dashboard development that is crucial to providing feedback to creative design strategies.
• Partnering with product innovation partners to inform and ensure optimal execution of tests and related initiatives.
• Identifying throughlines and opportunities with locally based team members to help establish priorities and inform analyses, metrics, and tool development.
• Constantly documenting and communicating upcoming tests and changes in strategies and operations as they relate to the creative assets.
• Consistently rethinking and improving the ways by which we collect ideas, aggregate insights, and communicate those insights broadly.
• Addressing questions and issues related to tests and results surrounding creative assets from both engineering and creative producer partners.
• 3+ years of relevant work experience as an analyst, product manager, data scientist or creative program manager.
• Experience with A/B testing, data analysis, and ideation of new product features and processes.
• Understanding of and passion for algorithms and machine learning.
• Ability to effectively distill and communicate complex concepts in a digestible manner.
• The soft skills to recognize when to challenge conventional thinking, the courage to voice suggestions and the maturity to accept feedback on ideas and work.
• Bachelor's degree or higher.
• Demonstrated data fluency; comfortable with large datasets, constructing queries, designing data visualizations and extracting meaning from your analysis.
• Experience solving problems through statistics and math a plus.