The Web Producer plays a major role in the day-to-day execution of NBC10 Boston and NECN's online news strategy, working with other local web staff to ensure the offering is consistently up-to-the-minute, differentiated, impactful and relevant to local users. The role combines attention to detail, rapid response, editorial judgment and flair, and consistent day-to-day execution and project-management responsibilities within a 24/7 newsgathering operation.
• Gather, edit, package and publish local news content – focusing on (but not limited to) News, Weather and Traffic – on the NBC10 Boston and NECN websites, our mobile apps and social media platforms
• Write text articles, publish video clips from our shows and edit image galleries according to the local editorial ''voice''
• Program key related index pages for editorial impact, audience appeal and timeliness
• Gather and package relevant content around key stories from a range of external sources, feeds and content types
• Execute all publishing workflows for video, images and text, including publishing to social media platforms
• Enforce editorial style guides, standards and practices
• Use social media tools to monitor and report news, find sources and leads for stories
• Monitor mainstream and social media for story ideas and competitive intelligence
• Identify buzz-worthy stories of the day and engage your local audience across multiple platforms
• Ensure that NBC10 Boston and NECN's social media accounts are engaging and timely sources of breaking news, and, where appropriate, source individual journalists from the station
• Participate in efforts to hit aggressive daily benchmarks for the volume and frequency of local content publication
• Live-blogging and livestreaming of of events and breaking news
• Bachelors' degree in Journalism or equivalent work experience
• At least 3 years' experience working in print, online or television news in a medium to large sized market
• Demonstrated knowledge of AP Style writing and guidelines
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in Needham, MA
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must have ability to work any of a 24x7 shift
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred but not required
• On air/digital hosting experience preferred
• Experience shooting & editing video content
• Experience hosting or editing podcasts a plus
• Proficient in Social Media platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
• Proficient with Adobe Photoshop Elements and Adobe Premiere
• Experience with WordPress, Dalet, WildMoka, Social Flow, Slack, CrowdTangle, Chartbeat, Domo systems a plus
• Excellent news instincts with the ability to react decisively to breaking news; combined with the ability to write succinctly and with flair
• Flexible, with a willingness to undertake shift work associated with working for a 24/7 news operation.
• Experience working with social media, marketing products using social networking sites or creating content that lives on such sites
• Experience working in content management systems required
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast paced environment
• Ability to react to breaking news, updating the news as stories evolve and writing intros and leads to video online content
• Ability to work in a team and across all departments and locations, ensuring a smooth running web site that is 100% accurate without typos or errors
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbevyo-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.