Weather Executive Producer - Storm Team 4 (WNBC)
NBC 4 New York is looking for a dynamic, motivated, technically-savvy Executive Producer to lead Storm Team 4. This position is the strategic lead and point-person for anything and everything weather for WNBC.
The Storm Team 4 Executive Producer is a newsroom manager who leads the weather team, oversees all weather content across all platforms, and is responsible for getting the most out of our weather technology, including the Tri-State's most powerful dual-pol radar, a mobile weather center, an exclusive weather model ensemble, and all the latest weather storytelling tools from The Weather Company and Baron, including augmented reality.
Candidates must be proficient in the Max and/or Lynx graphics systems and understand how to produce engaging and focused weather stories that offer value to the viewer on air, online, on OTT, on our apps, and more. This position is also responsible for planning and executing severe weather coverage and must be able to collaborate with news management, communicating strategy and planning clearly to the entire newsroom. The ability to lead special weather content and programming is a plus.
• Manage the Storm Team 4 team, producing the most compelling and relevant forecasts; coaching and mentoring them.
• Produce engaging weather stories with crisp graphics and focused storytelling across platforms, ensuring consistency in presentation and quality.
• Forecast the weather, which in the last year has included extreme cold and heat, tornadoes, hurricanes, snow squalls and more, and ensure Storm Team 4 remains the most accurate forecast in the Tri-State.
• Collaborate with the newsroom by actively participating in editorial meetings.
• Interface with all other departments, including digital, engineering, creative services and graphics.
• Work with directors to ensure clean, seamless newscasts and online/OTT content.
• Oversee all training and development programs.
• Track the latest tools and the competitive landscape.
• Bachelor's degree in meteorology or related field.
• AMS Seal/CBM and/or NWA Seal preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a meteorologist in a television news operation, including a minimum of 2 years of management experience.
• Proficiency in The Weather Company Max and/or Baron Lynx. Demonstrated ability producing augmented reality segments is a plus.
• Must be flexible and able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, overnights, holidays or whenever the weather dictates.
• Note:This is NOT an on-air position.
• Hands-on experience with operating a live weather radar and/or weather modeling system is preferred.
• Strong communications and leadership skills, thriving under pressure and striving to win the big weather story every day.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3q7q-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.