Talent Management Specialist, Talent Development
New York, NY
ROLE SUMMARY & RESPONSILIBITES
The Film Production HR Leader will support UFEG Productions around the world as well as our filmmaking partnerships. Reporting into the SVP, Human Resources for UFEG, this position will act as a thought partner to studio production leadership, production and on-set production leadership, as well as internal cross functional teams to bring the safest, most inclusive and respectful production experience to our filmmakers, cast, crew, and post production teams across the globe.
• Ensure the execution of our productions are aligned with our culture, standards and practices.
• Champion diversity and inclusion to help lead the industry in enhancing the way content is produced around the globe by ensuring that differing perspectives are embraced, honored, and empowered to enable equity in our mission to create entertainment for a global audience.
• Work with Production teams to identify areas of opportunity for improving the production work environment, considering the varied and unique challenges and opportunities.
• Apply creative problem solving to influence, guide and coach production partners.
• Build and cultivate relationships with internal and external teams to provide support and guidance across all regions on people related issues throughout the lifecycle of a production.
• Develop, implement and facilitate training strategies to meet employee needs, including skill development programs for production leadership and crew.
• Work closely with cross-functional partners to provide guidance and recommendations around labor standards and policies on production.
• Work with our internal Employment and Fair Employment teams to address and resolve employee relations related matters on productions.
• Provide coaching to employees & managers, offering feedback and advice on issues in a proactive and compassionate manner.
• Manage performance in collaboration with Legal and Labor Relations.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field of study.
• 12+ years of professional HR experience including employee relations, organizational development and/or labor relations.
• Experience working in a global environment across a diverse range of geographies and cultures.
• The ability to communicate confidently, succinctly and logically both verbally and in writing with at all levels.
• HR leader with a collaborative style and the ability to have impact and influence others into action.
• Ability to, and experience with, working autonomously and thinking on your feet.
• Action oriented and resourceful.
• Knowledge of the production environment and ability to travel on a global basis to production sites.
• Robust employee relations experience.
• Experience with conflict resolution and crisis management.
• Comfortable dealing with complex people issues without relying on policy and procedure.
• The courage to jump in and use initiative and sound judgment to solve complex people issues.
• Experience of building a network of specialists and expert contacts.
• In depth understanding and a curiosity around Inclusion and Diversity, current developments in the space and how to practically apply them in the workplace.
• Project management experience - the ability to generate an idea and see it through to completion.