Talent Acquisition Recruiter - Corporate Functions
New York, NY
ROLE SUMMARY & RESPONSILIBITES
The VP Human Resources has overall responsibility for the design, development and delivery of effective HR strategies for various verticals across the newly established Entertainment Portfolio including: NBCU's Late Night & Syndication businesses, Specials/Live Events/E! Entertainment, Communications, Research, Finance, and Business Affairs. This HR executive will report directly into the SVP, Human Resources for Entertainment, and mange teams of bi-coastal HR professionals and clients. As a senior member of the Entertainment HR team, this VP will be asked to step outside of her/his lane and think broadly about how to move the larger business forward.
• Drive key HR initiatives including but not limited to staffing, performance management, compensation strategies, succession planning, training and development, rewards & recognition, recruitment and retention, organizational effectiveness and employee communication.
• Partner with the senior leadership team and key stakeholders to establish an HR strategic vision needed to support and drive the business forward.
• Lead through change in the aftermath of a major business restructure and transformation.
• Identify and execute on HR strategic initiatives and processes that enhance the employee experience (i.e. portfolio specific learning and development opportunities, culture programming, etc.).
• Develop and drive diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives in partnership with the Entertainment portfolio and Corporate Diversity teams.
• Provide interpretation of HR policies, practices and procedures to employees and managers.
• Work with business leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities; act as an employee advocate; help drive various corporate and division business initiatives.
• Work closely with subject-matter-expert partners to provide guidance and recommendations around labor standards, employment law, compensation, L&OD, benefits, etc.
• Provide coaching to employees & managers, offering feedback and advice on issues in a proactive and compassionate manner.
• Lead, manage, and develop an HR team, providing direction and identifying development and engagement opportunities that support and encourage high performance.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field of study.
• Minimum of 10 years professional HR experience with proven success in leading teams and partnering with senior executives.
• HR leader with a collaborative style and the ability to have impact and influence others into action.
• Action oriented/driver and resourceful.
• Ability to build authentic relationships quickly, even in a virtual environment.
• Courage to express a different point of view and use initiative and sound judgment to solve complex people issues.
• Genuine interest around and passion for the Inclusion and Diversity space, and a desire to have a measurable impact.
• Project management experience - the ability to generate an idea and see it through to completion.
• A desire to have fun and thrive in a learning environment!