NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service. Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
The Global Vendor and Payment Operations (P2P) Leader will be responsible for driving the Global P2P enterprise operations by providing day to day robust and efficient accounts payable services to NBCU businesses. In addition, the Global P2P Leader will help drive the strategic agenda by partnering with the Global Process Owner (GPO) of P2P and Global Finance Operations Transformation (GFOT) team. The Global Finance Operations (GFO) team is currently stabilizing operations after transitioning work from two outsourcing partners to one global partner, building up its retained shared service team capabilities, implementing new technology solutions and harmonizing global processes and procedures.
• Manage the relationship with the P2P Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) team to ensure all operating and financial objectives meet NBCU business needs and adhere to contract requirements
• Develop oversight procedures designed to ensure BPO processes are functioning as intended and exceptions are being adequately evaluated
• Ensure invoice processing, disbursements and vendor maintenance processes are appropriately authorized and accurately made and accounted for in a timely manner in compliance with corporate policy
• Guide the Global P2P retained shared services team in driving business escalation resolution including the documentation of root cause analyses and next steps requirements
• Approve, document, and communicate any approved exceptions from standard process and policies
• Ensure master data governance is in place for the key Global P2P end-to-end processes such as vendor master data
• Build and maintain strong customer-oriented relationships across NBCU Finance and key functional groups such as Tax, Treasury, Audit, IT, Sourcing and Compliance
• Own the relationship with the NBCU businesses and deliver high risk processes such as ''white glove'' vendor requirements
• Provide input and recommendations to the Global P2P GPO on process improvement and technology opportunities and operationalize on standardization initiatives
• Support the design and implementation of the GFOT program
• Provide input to the People, Process and Technology Roadmap by partnering with Global P2P GPO and the Financial Systems Strategy Group (FSSG). The roadmap is a multi-year plan that includes ongoing process standardization, simplification and automation opportunities which drive year over year efficiency improvements.
Standards and Controls
• Ensure compliance to policies and procedures as well as adherence to regulatory and audit requirements
• Establish and maintain an appropriate financial control environment for Global P2P and partner with the Senior Director of Risk and Compliance on all P2P related control matters
• Along with the P2P Global Process Owner, drive the updating of the P2P desktop procedures into a set of documents that include an agreed governance and documentation framework as well as clear guidance to staff performing duties
• Develop a culture and reputation for Global P2P in which customer experience is positive, service delivery is robust, and processes are efficient and able to be transformed
• Monitor and improve the overall performance of Global P2P and health of the relationship with the customer and other stakeholders via KPIs, SLA monitoring and relationship building
• Collaborate with direct reports to determine relevant business drivers, key performance indicators and operational metrics for the measurement and reporting of quality and efficiency of the end-to-end processes
• Oversee a robust governance program for Global P2P which ensures transparency in service delivery performance, engages key stakeholders and fosters a strong partnership with the BPO
• Lead a high performing Global P2P retained shared service team by providing guidance, development opportunities and coaching
• Attract, retain and empower the best talent which can drive results and innovation in Global P2P
• Continually challenge and update the Global P2P organizational structure and staffing capabilities as appropriate for growth and changing business needs. Including the optimization of resource allocation designed to both deliver business results and support the ongoing development of team members.
• 10+ years' experience in P2P environment including managerial positions of increasing responsibilities
• Leadership experience within an outsourced or shared services P2P function
• Experience of implementing technology solutions within the P2P area
• Thorough understanding of accounting controls, with varied experience in P2P areas (Vendor Maintenance, Invoice Processing, Treasury, Regulatory and Tax compliance, P-Card Administration etc.)
• Significant experience and use of ERP software and familiarity with P2P subledger systems and interfaces
• Procurement operations experience including implementation of procurement systems a plus
• BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, CPA or MBA desired
• Proven ability to implement business process changes to improve operating efficiencies
• Executive presence, ability to interact with executives at high levels to resolve issues or effect changes
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to interface with all levels of management and customers
• Ability to drive change and influence within a matrixed and decentralized operating model
• Ability to lead a remote function or team
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY (preferred) or Universal City, CA
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• In select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated, must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or adhere to enhanced protocols.
• This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
• This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Caree
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r15v4e-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.