Sr. Analyst, Ad Sales Strategy
New York, NY
The Business Operations & Strategy group is looking for exceptional candidates for the position of Vice President, Global Sales Strategy. This role will be focused on scaling our media businesses across the globe via our Global Portfolio offering and developing new strategies for growth across our cross-platform product set. This leader will work across multiple stakeholder groups in the NBCU and Sky organizations in multiple territories to drive advertiser success around the world -working directly with both clients and agency partners. A passionate, well-organized and highly-effective individual is sought to join this exciting effort.
You will be joining a blue-chip team with significant media experience in addition to varied professional services backgrounds. The NBCU Ad Sales Strategy team is responsible for driving long-term growth opportunities for the wider sales organization. Acting as strategic consultants, this dynamic team supports Ad Sales and corporate stakeholders across a wide range of initiatives including sales optimization, go-to-market strategies, budgeting and planning analyses, and market insights. The Vice President, Global Advertising Strategy will interface with business leaders across multiple functions, both inside and outside Ad Sales as well as across our NBCU and Sky businesses. You will impact new revenue generation across the NBCUniversal and Sky portfolios of media assets by identifying growth opportunities and playing a central role within the NBCU+Sky Global Ad Sales team. This includes understanding the media & advertising competitive landscape, identifying gaps and opportunities in our products & capabilities, building business plans and commercialization efforts to drive monetization, partnering with product/tech teams on developing capability roadmaps, and ultimately executing on developed and approved strategies.
We're looking for a dynamic person to bring innovative thinking and strong analytical skills to help grow our business.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead the development and execution of a comprehensive global sales strategy supported by marketplace intelligence and internal analyses.
• Develop NBCU+Sky's unique global positioning and opportunities.
• Design optimal strategy for driving revenue across NBCU and Sky's key agency partners and clients leveraging both the Upfront and Scatter marketplaces.
• Build out our proprietary Global capabilities/programs in conjunction with Client Strategy and Creative teams.
• Drive marketplace and competitive insights to identify and assess long-term growth opportunities.
• Advise on product and packaging strategy of international inventory to drive volume and yield.
• Lead the coordination and execution of all Ad Sales efforts between NBCU and Sky across multiple markets.
• Manage various stakeholders across teams and initiatives and provide regular updates to management teams ensuring accountability is enforced.
• Liaise with International counterparts across NBCU & Sky to ensure alignment and collaboration.
• Provide updates to Ad Sales leadership and Corporate stakeholders on core cross-functional workstreams, risks and opportunities.
• Manage small team of strategy leads.
• 12+ years of experience in a strategy leadership role at a media company, agency, sales organization, technology or professional services (e.g., consulting).
• 6+ years of experience developing multiplatform (digital or linear) media strategies.
• Bachelor's degree with MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
• Some experience driving digital growth.
• Proven ability to dive into complex concepts, define value propositions and champion the voice of sales.
• Proven quantitative analytical abilities, including Excel modeling skills.
• Strong PowerPoint skills and proven proficiency summarizing information/analyses into coherent and concise slides.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; the ability to present results of complex analyses clearly; strong executive presence.
• Proactive, self-starter with excellent ability to drive change; possesses the ability to take initiative and perform analysis and other tasks with minimal supervision.
• Superior influencing skills and will be able to gain the respect of, and build a rapport with, multiple constituencies, internally and externally.
• Ability to develop strong relationships across all levels of the organization.
• Excellent organizational, time and people management skills and the ability to work in groups and independently.
• The ability to deal with competing priorities effectively, and work efficiently in a high-paced, results-oriented environment.
• Previous experience in advertising sales. Global media experience desired.