New York, NY
The Vice President, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a senior leader who drives change across the division and promote a culture where diversity, equity and inclusion are a top priority across the businesses. The executive will leverage their experience and credibility to division-wide leadership in order to provide strategic direction to build, drive, influence and execute diversity initiatives across the NBCUniversal Ad Sales and Partnerships division. This role will partner with Human Resources, Executive Search, Talent Acquisition, Campus Programs, the NBCU Corporate Diversity, Equity & Inclusion team as well as other NBCU divisional DE&I leadership, business leaders and other internal stakeholders, to better understand the culture and talent landscape, in order to program and implement diversity strategies focused on driving meaningful business outcomes.
Additionally, the Vice President, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, will collaborate with the Ad Sales Human Resources team to create and manage programs and initiatives focused on growing internal high potential talent as well as shaping and influencing the Ad Sales culture. The VP Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will also spend a great deal of time in the marketplace meeting with talent to build relationships for talent pipelines, so we are able to attract the best talent into the organization.
• Establish, design and drive comprehensive long-term strategies across the Ad Sales division to develop and implement workforce goals and solutions, employee engagement, and community engagement that drive inclusive behaviors and business practices at all levels.
• Partner with the Corporate Diversity, Equity & Inclusion team and NBCU's internal Employee Resource Groups on the DEI strategic plan for Ad Sales focused on continuing to create an inclusive and inviting culture within a diverse workforce.
• Be a Thought Leader and advisor to division leadership and their teams for an inclusive workplace culture where employees feel respected, valued, safe and are encouraged to speak up and bring their full selves to work each day. Develop capabilities to address and bolster employee engagement related to diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Partner internally with division leadership to identify and showcase existing high potential talent across the NBCU Ad Sales portfolio and promote internal mobility.
• Externally build relationships with high performing talent within the media industry and beyond to create a pipeline of talent ready to join NBCUniversal.
• Collaborate with the HR team to develop plans to meet workforce diversity goals, evaluate the effectiveness of talent management strategies, focusing on acquisition, retention and development of employees. Identify broad organizational opportunities for high-potentials to gain exposure to the broader organization.
• Partner with Executive Search and Talent Acquisition to drive diverse pipelines and manage all candidate slates across the portfolio in conjunction with the HR team.
• Identify industry events and create opportunities where Ad Sales Executives and high performing talent can be present to promote the variety of careers available in NBCU Ad Sales (panels/speaking engagements/internal events). Focus on creating strategic and effective programs to attract and retain top talent.
• Regularly meet with high potential employees. Partner with HR to identify and develop individual learning initiatives that effectively focus on achievement of both business and career goals for these employees.
• Proactively ensure Ad Sales management is meeting external talent pipeline candidates.
• Partner with NBCU Talent Development team to conduct individual leadership, career and talent assessments, as appropriate, using a variety of tools to help drive the learning plan for internal high potential employees.
• Understand the emerging demographics with the talent base that follow specific generation differences (e.g. Millennials, Gen Z). Design workplace strategies to attract, develop, and retain a dynamic and multi-generational workforce.
• Regularly measure, analyze and report DEI efforts and progress (Engagement survey, demographic data, focus groups, etc.), highlighting areas of strength and areas that need development, and identify action steps to improve areas of opportunity.
• Regularly measure and communicate plans and outcomes of key DEI initiatives quarterly to the Ad Sales division.
• Liaise with Comcast, NBCU and other divisional diversity teams to drive shared initiatives and partnership across brands.
• Ensure compliance to affirmative action and EEO in partnership with the HR team and recruiting teams.
• Minimum 10 years in progressive Diversity, HR/OD, Talent Development work or ad sales leadership experience within a matrix/complex environment.
• Demonstrated success designing and delivering DEI strategies and programs or significant business-side experience, advocacy and participation of diversity and inclusion business strategies within a large-scale organization.
• Extensive experience leading, communicating and influencing internal leadership and teams through change management.
• Strong knowledge of diversity and inclusion best practices, and external network of resources to leverage.
• Ability to leverage data and analytics to drive decision making and results.
• Exceptional written, oral and influential interpersonal skills.
• A deep commitment to diversity and inclusion as a key driver to business success.
• Strong project management skills.
• Solid knowledge of MS Office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Travel to other offices and locations as required.
• Experience working in an Ad Sales environment a plus