The Strategy & Development Team is responsible for leading the business and strategy functions for NBCU's Digital and Advanced TV advertising sales business. Within the Strategy & Development Team, the Partnerships Team builds and operates a portfolio of ad sales partnerships with leading and emerging digital platforms, including Apple, Snap, Twitter, and YouTube. That includes identifying profitable revenue opportunities, developing the structure, partnerships, capabilities, go-to-market strategies, and execution plans necessary to capture the growth opportunities and driving those plans to implementation and through ongoing operations. We partner closely with the sales teams, product teams and content teams to manage and drive rapid revenue growth.
The high-growth digital Partnerships team is seeking an experienced professional to join as the Vice President, Partnerships, Ad Sales. We're looking for an exceptional, results-oriented individual who uniquely combines interpersonal and quantitative skills to act as a primary liaison between NBCU and our new, established, and emerging partners while also analyzing and growing the business. The Vice President, Partnerships, Ad Sales will work with our partners to identify and implement growth opportunities and work cross-functionally within NBCU to build and execute go-to-market strategies and optimize operations to drive rapid revenue growth.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage NBCU's monetization partnerships with new, established, and emerging partners as well as the vendor relationships required to support such monetization.
• Cultivate strong relationships within partners' organizations to identify, initiate and lead growth strategy initiatives and remove roadblocks.
• Collaborate cross-functionally to improve existing business operations, ensure seamless execution
of new initiatives, and develop go-to-market strategies and execution plans needed to drive rapid revenue growth .
• Identify and track key performance indicators to measure success and drive progress
• Communicate the vision and status
of strategic initiatives to senior executives and coworkers at all levels of the organization.
• Operationalize new partner products and capabilities with partners and within NBCU; chart operational processes and educate the broader sales team on new offerings.
• Use and maintain an understanding of key ad sales, planning, and financial systems (e.g., Salesforce, NBCU Internal budgeting systems) and tools.
• Keep abreast
of technology/media industry trends and market conditions.
• 8+ years of experience directly working in media and/or advertising at a leading entertainment corporation, agency, technology platform and/or management consulting firm.
• Demonstrates business acumen in platforms and technologies that support digital and linear content distribution and monetization (e.g., OTT, mobile, DAI, ad serving, measurement, etc.), ideally with a foundational understanding of the advertising sales marketplace.
• Experience using quantitative skills to analyze business and interpersonal skills to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
• Proven ability to perform real-time business analysis and execute priority initiatives, using business models and partnering with finance teams as needed.
• Demonstrates ability to simplify complex concepts, defining value propositions and championing the voice of sales.
• Experience leading strategic conversations at all levels, gaining buy-in across a large, highly matrixed organization.
• Track record of successfully leading teams, recruiting, and retaining top talent.
• Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Bachelor's degree.
• History of acting in an entrepreneurial and proactive manner, with the ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
• Keen attention to accuracy and detail.
• Demonstrates ability to go above and beyond the outlined parameters of a role.
• MBA preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnxny3-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.