Sr. Digital Media Producer
• Strategically lead, inspire, and manage our multi-platform News team
• Provide the vision and direction for the 3 distinct brands operating from one unified newsroom
• Create expectations for all aspects of the on-air presentation of content for all shows - regarding style, content, graphics and live execution. Work closely with Creative Services team to ensure promotional and branding strategies are aligned and with the Digital team to develop a consistent product digitally as well as on TV.
• Develop coverage guidelines for breaking news and weather, investigative and day-to-day coverage with an eye towards promotion, marketing and demographic development.
• Develop show missions and make sure the daily goals and missions are executed. Ensure editorial resources and expectations are clearly defined and met.
• Recruit and develop News management team. Make hiring decisions and negotiate contracts. Establish performance goals and guidelines.
Oversee the evaluation and performance management process within the news department. Motivates staff with a wide range of skills and expertise.
• Execute research based strategic plans on overall news brand and specific newscasts.
• Partner with Finance on budget preparation and resource alignment.
• Integrate overall station goals in news programming.
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights.
• Must be willing to work at the station in Needham, MA.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
Desired Characteristics :
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum 5 years' management experience in television news
• 10 years leadership experience in a Broadcast or Cable station operation.
• Knowledge of budgets, staffing/scheduling, broadcast legal knowledge and journalistic, program and production skills are essential
• Strong platform skills with the ability to present in front of large audiences
• Experience coaching, training and performance counseling skills
• Proficient in delegating, assigning, setting objectives, providing positive feedback and taking corrective action, if necessary
• Ability to stay organized while managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced demanding environment.
• Has the ability to seek simple solutions to complex problems.
• Deep understanding of local news strategy and promotion.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5pxz-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.