Manager, Agency Partnerships
New York, NY
Digital & Advanced TV Strategy Team Overview
The team is responsible for leading all business and strategy functions for NBCU's Digital and Advanced TV advertising sales business, including Growth Strategy, Sales Strategy & Analytics, Business Development, Partnerships, Social & Sponsorships, and NBCU Ad Smart including Programmatic, Data Driven Linear, and Addressable. The team is responsible for developing a holistic ad sales strategy for the NBCUniversal portfolio of assets. That includes identifying profitable revenue opportunities, developing the structure, partnerships, capabilities, go-to-market strategies and execution plans necessary to capture the growth opportunities. We partner closely with the sales teams, the content teams, and functional teams (Finance, Research, HR) to manage the ad sales business across all screens: linear, streaming, and social.
The Vice President, Growth Strategy is a critical role that is focused on scaling NBCU's Digital and Advanced TV business and supporting new initiatives that contribute to growth. The growing importance of digital, partnerships and advanced TV in NBCU's business model makes this a critical role for the ad sales organization and one that is focused on driving change and identifying significant growth opportunities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Identify, initiate and lead growth strategy initiatives for Digital and Advanced TV, enabling rapid revenue growth in collaboration with sales leadership and senior stakeholders across NBCU departments and partner organizations
• Rapidly assess opportunities and build metrics-driven business cases for (or against) new business lines, products, and partnerships, driving close collaboration with a broad group of stakeholders
• Support the development and execution of M&A activities related to advertising sales
• Distill complex media, advertising and technology concepts into clear and simple executive communications
• Manage and prepare regular executive communications and updates for the most senior level of NBCU leadership including, CEO, Chairmen, and Presidents, as well as executive leadership at partner organizations including Apple, Google, Amazon, and others
• Lead business planning initiatives for Digital and Advanced TV sales, contributing to the development of the overall annual strategic and financial plans
• Analyze the competitive landscape and apply key insights into the digital & advanced TV business
• Drive monetization of new offerings via setting of commercialization strategy, operationalizing wing-to-wing processes for new initiatives, and measuring outcomes
The position requires executive level skill sets across four key areas: growth strategy, executive communication, business analytics, and deal & operations support.
• Minimum 12 years of experience in either strategy, capital markets, management consulting, or a combination of the above
• Experience in and passion for digital media, advertising, sales, and innovation
• Exceptional, results-driven and focused individual, combining a quantitative outlook with the ability to organize, motivate and lead stakeholders across the company to drive change
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; the ability to present results of complex analyses clearly and succinctly
• Superior influencing skills with ability to gain the respect of, and build a rapport with, multiple constituencies, internally and externally, and align the interests of multiple stakeholders
• Ability to communicate and work in a fast paced, results oriented environment
• Analytically driven thought leader who can perform business analysis and real-time tactical execution of priority initiatives
• Bachelor's degree with MBA or other advanced degree preferred