NBCUniversal is looking for a Vice President, Employment Law to join its Labor & Employment team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Advise senior management, Human Resources and other NBCUniversal lawyers with respect to all employment law issues, including business restructuring, employment policy development and application, worker classification, workforce management, discrimination and harassment claims, wage-and-hour and workplace safety.
• Oversee, conduct and provide counsel on internal investigations of employment-related and other types of complaints, ensuring that claims are addressed promptly, thoroughly and appropriately.
• Represent NBCUniversal, working with other NBCUniversal and outside counsel as appropriate, with respect to mediation and litigation of employment claims and the employment-related aspects of acquisitions and dispositions of businesses.
• Partner in the investigation of and the respond to complaints filed with state and federal agencies (EEOC, DOL, etc.), and participate in mediation and settlement negotiations.
• Keep informed on legal decisions, statutory changes and other developments, and advise Company on same.
• Assist employment law team in developing, implementing, improving and reviewing legal compliance projects and training.
• Prepare, direct and conduct training programs on employee relations matters; for example, employment law updates, discipline, investigative techniques and documentation preparation.
• Minimum of 10 years employment law experience
• JD and member in good standing of the State Bar of California or member in good standing of another State Bar and registered as in-house counsel
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills enabling the development of strong collaborative relationships with lawyers and clients across multiple business units.
• Ability to explain complex legal concepts, build consensus, think creatively and collaborate with clients to address business needs.
• Ability to successfully influence and build relationships at all levels and across business units, in a heavily matrixed environment
• Ability to identify, prioritize and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively.
• Sound business judgment and flexibility/adaptability to manage multiple wide-ranging matters, conflicting deadlines, and new areas of expertise as business needs change.
• Demonstrated ability, in a positive and practical manner, to identify, prioritize, and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively.
• Highly motivated, highly effective self-starter with strong track record of successful project execution.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7eje-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.