Asst. Manager, Global Local Platforms
Universal City, CA
The Vice President of Content Strategy – Unscripted TV Originals will serve as an integral member of the Content Strategy team that is responsible for developing Peacock's holistic slate strategy across all content verticals to optimize customer acquisition, retention, and usage. The Content Strategy team works closely with stakeholders across NBCUniversal to align content strategy and execution to Peacock KPIs. The Vice President position will report to the Senior Vice President of Content Strategy and focus primarily on original unscripted series including Reality, Documentaries, and Topical.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversight of Peacock's unscripted originals investment decisions, including developing a strategic slate and investment guidelines in terms of target audiences, genres, and target ROI.
• Defining and tracking targets for unscripted originals performance based on MAAs, Usage, Upgrade rates & brand KPIs.
• Working closely with creative teams to evaluate unscripted originals ideas based on Peacock KPIs.
• Partnering with Peacock Content Analytics, Finance, and Marketing to develop title-level pro formats to inform new series greenlight decisions and season renewals.
• Inputting into broader content strategy and planning processes as content spend allocation is refined, and programming offering is optimized across different content supply sources (e.g., current season ''next day'' unscripted programming, acquired unscripted library).
• Supporting scheduling team on optimizing content release patterns (i.e., episode drop cadence, identifying programming schedule gaps, etc.)
• Compiling post-mortem analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement.
• Conducting market research, competitor content performance analysis, as well as industry trend tracking.
• 10+ years of professional experience that includes a mix of the following: Management consulting; Investment banking within the Media, Technology, or Telecom practice; Business development, strategy, corporate development, or corporate finance at a media or technology company.
• Ability to closely monitor performance of content on the platform to inform new commissions as well as renewals, and to identify opportunities to optimize performance to affect subscriber engagement and retention.
• A solid understanding of the streaming landscape and business models.
• A solid understanding of TV audiences, including segmentation methodologies and application to business use cases.
• Strong business / financial acumen - ability to form judgments and actionable recommendations.
• Specific knowledge about deal analysis for original unscripted TV series preferred.
• Strong leader and persuasive communicator with a vision; proven ability to self-motivate and work independently as well as collaboratively, excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
• Knowledge of Nielsen data and streaming data reporting systems such as Nielsen NPower, comScore and Adobe Analytics.
• Comfort with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment.
• Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r00181-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.