The Supervisor, Time & Attendance Operations is responsible for supervising NBC Universal's day-to-day time and attendance processes and staff.
NBCUniversal's Time & Attendance Operations consist of NBCU and outsourced offshore staff responsible for the administration of Timekeeper, NBCU's in house wage and hour rules engine and time & attendance system; the ingestion of data from satellite time & attendance systems into Timekeeper, processing adjustments, LOA's, exception processes, and corrections; support Global Payroll Services, Legal, and Labor Relations with subject matter expertise on time & attendance procedures, system configuration, wage and hour rules, and maintaining desktop operating procedures for all time & attendance roles.
• Coordinate with Payroll Operations Teams, HR, HRC, Labor Relations and Business units on all time & attendance payroll matters
• Work with the Payroll IT team on time & attendance system issues, enhancements, and testing
• Manage local payroll teams and Accenture offshore team in day-to-day time & attendance operations
• Assist in the time & attendance processing of on and off cycle payrolls on a weekly and bi-weekly basis for approximately 35,000 non-union, union and daily hire employees and on-demand off-cycle payrolls
• Lead the Time & Attendance Operations Team to address any time and attendance issues
• Support the business during seasonal mass on and off boarding events such as Halloween Horror Nights and Grinchmas
• Provide time & attendance system configuration and wage & hour subject matter expertise to Labor Relations, HR, Business Units, and GPS Senior Management
• Ensure Attendance Operations Team members are trained, and have all the resources they need to perform their duties
• Ensure Time & Attendance Operations processes and procedures are fully documented with narratives, control matrixes, flow charts, and stakeholders
• Develop Time & Attendance Payroll Operational Metrics to provide insight into the day-to-day processes and identify potential areas of opportunity
• Identify, develop, and lead continuous process improvement initiatives to include proposals, project plans and charters
• Support internal and external union payroll audits and implement recommendations where appropriate
• Be prepared to support various Payroll Operations Projects in the following roles: project management, subject matter expertise, project team, or UAT design and testing
• Certified Payroll Professional designation preferred
• Bachelor's Degree in a business-related field or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years' experience in leading payroll operations teams
• Experience with Time & Attendance enterprise systems
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Commitment to customer service with a ''can do'' attitude focused on overcoming and solving problems
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, and prioritization skills
• Ability to balance stability and predictability with the need to constantly improve and adapt to the changing work environment
• Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
• Provide stability and instill confidence to staff members
• Effective organization and planning skills
• Ability to interpret and analyze union pay rules
• Must be detailed oriented
• Ability to perform root cause analysis and develop mitigation plans to minimize risk to the organization
• Experience with enterprise payroll and time & attendance systems
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local payroll laws
• Advanced level competency with Microsoft business programs such as Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint, Visio, etc.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0mx8m-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.