Early Career Recruiter
Universal City, CA
NBCUniversal is committed to increasing diversity in front of and behind the camera, and to telling the types of stories that reflect our audience. This position will drive diversity strategies across the NBCUniversal TV & Streaming Entertainment Content platforms and the Universal Television Studios Group in building and growing both creative and internal talent pools.
Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Lead strategic planning for and implementation of all in-front-of-the-camera and behind-the-camera Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts across:
• NBCU Entertainment Content Group (NBC, Peacock, USA, Syfy, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, and Universal Kids)
• Universal Studios Group (Universal Television, UCP, Universal Alternative Studios, and International Studios).
• Partner with Creative Executives on sponsorship for DE&I programming initiatives and external commitments
• Strategize with Human Resources to determine where DE&I initiatives can play a role in the recruitment and hiring process
• Work with NBCU Chief Diversity Officer and other DE&I leaders from internal business units to share talent and best practices
• Partner with HR on workforce retention strategies for diverse talent
• Work with Corporate DE&I and Communications for consistent external messaging and find opportunities to spotlight success stories.
• Evaluate current programs for in front of and behind the camera pipelines and determine success metrics for each. Build on existing pipeline programs with proven success and launch/redefine new programs where needed. Programs including but not limited to: Late Night Writers Workshop, Short Film Festival, Female Forward and Emerging Director Program, Writers on the Verge, StandUp NBC, Scene Showcase, Casting Apprentice Program, Diverse Staff Writer Initiative, Writer's Assistant Program, Production Assistant Initiative and Production Office Coordinator Program, Entertainment Associates and Production Associates Program- Unscripted.
• Represent Comcast NBCUniversal externally and oversee branding and communication strategies and talent outreach efforts
• Partner with Corporate Diversity Equity and Inclusion and Employee Resource Groups
• In partnership with leadership and HR, track programming and workforce diversity analytics and outreach efforts, and present to senior leaders
• At least 10 years of experience in the entertainment industry with a mix of long-form content production and development experience and a clearly demonstrated commitment to diversity efforts in the creative arena
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Proven entrepreneurial and creative leadership skills with the ability to work independently under deadline pressures and a willingness to roll up one's sleeves to drive tasks to completion
• Capable and comfortable working in both a corporate environment and a creative production environment
• Highly consultative leader with the clear ability to influence, problem-solve, and collaborate with senior executives, creative partners, and peers across a highly matrixed, fast-paced, innovative, and highly energetic corporate culture
• Ability to build, mentor, and retain an outstanding, high performing team, providing inspiring leadership on multiple levels
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills. A proven ability to effectively present to senior executives, colleagues, vendors, clients, talent, and other levels of personnel, sharing insights and making recommendations
• Detail-oriented and organized, with excellent follow-through and analytical skills
• Willingness and ability to execute both strategic and tactical priorities
• Sense of humor appreciated: quick thinking and approachable nature needed
• Broadcast network, cable network, and/or TV studio experience is preferred
• Strong understanding of applicable State and Federal employment laws and general business practices
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.)
• Bachelor's degree preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vw64-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.