NBCUniversal is looking for an SVP, Fair Employment Practices, EEO Compliance Counsel & Workplace Initiatives leader to join its Labor & Employment Law team. Reporting directly to the company's Chief Labor & Employment Counsel, the ideal candidate will be a seasoned and accomplished legal counsel able to advise senior management, human resources and DEI practitioners, and other company attorneys on complex matters related to workplace fairness and equity and employment law. This role will lead an established team of experienced Fair Employment investigators and trainers, immigration professionals and other staff and will be based at 30 Rockefeller Plaza in New York.
Fair Employment Practices
• Provide strategic direction and leadership to the Fair Employment Practices department, which is responsible for development of training on respectful workplace policies and conducting complex investigations into workplace concerns.
• In partnership with HR and Employment Law teams, develop practices and analytical tools to identify trends in workplace complaints and devise proactive strategies to reduce concerns.
• Oversee positive employee relations efforts geared to enhancing employee engagement while managing potential legal risk, including conducting culture assessments and other employee focus groups, evaluating workplace policies and practices, and creating and delivering training on effective management techniques.
• Collaborate with Government Relations department on response to proposed employment-related legislation and rulemaking.
EEO/Affirmative Action Compliance and DEI Legal Support
• Manage data gathering for federal and/or state affirmative action plans where legally required. Provide legal advice and support on interpretation of statistical results and implementation of related strategies.
• Oversee response to OFCCP audits and other DOL matters.
• Manage data collection and legal analysis related to EEO-1 and other government workforce composition and pay equity reporting obligations.
• Partner with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion professionals, HR and business leaders on legal aspects of DEI programs, statistical reporting and other workforce initiatives.
• In partnership with outside counsel, oversee NBCUniversal team responsible for work authorization, temporary employment visas and employment-based permanent residence applications for corporate and production-related employees.
• Develop and implement global strategy for immigration legal support in collaboration with Global Mobility and TV/Film Production teams.
• In collaboration with other department attorneys and professional staff, lend strategic guidance to company-wide initiatives on key employment-related matters, such as workforce classification and equitable pay practices.
• Advise senior management, Human Resources and other NBCUniversal lawyers with respect to employment and workplace policy development
• Anticipate impact of legislative and regulatory changes and coordinate company response in collaboration with Government Affairs team and other department attorneys.
• Law degree
• Member in good standing of the State Bar of New York or member in good standing of another State Bar and registered as in-house counsel
• Minimum of 15 years employment law and other related legal experience
• Must have extremely strong legal knowledge and skills as well as superior critical thinking, analytical, drafting, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to explain complex legal concepts, build consensus, think creatively and collaborate with any relevant stakeholders and constituents across a multi-national diversified enterprise.
• Ability to successfully influence, build relationships and communicate at all levels and across business units in a heavily matrixed environment.
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to execute and follow-through; self-starter and accountable.
• Successful track record of leading and managing a diverse group of accomplished attorneys and other legal professionals situated in different locations.
• Well-rounded practitioner; skilled at making sound decisions, exercising business judgment, advising on risk and explaining complex legal issues in a straightforward manner.
• Strong leader with a vision; proven ability to self-motivate, work independently as well as collaboratively and motivate and inspire a team.
• Must demonstrate highest level of integrity, excellent legal judgment and business acumen, strong general and situational leadership skills with the ability to play a significant executive role within the business at large.
• In-house experience in the entertainment / media industry preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk3wyk-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.