We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world's most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it's on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The position is responsible for supporting the park services department & overseeing park employees. This person will ensure that the theme park environment is consistently maintained in a clean, safe & presentable while complying with all procedures & regulatory requirements. In addition, this person will be responsible for implementing departmental programs focusing on employee & guest satisfaction.
• Supervises daily operation of Park Service employees. Ensures that facility cleanliness standards are maintained at all times
• Mentors and counsels team members and enforce appropriate policies and procedures ensuring that everything is within compliance of departmental standards
• Lead workforce planning; reward and recognition; employee events, and ESAT action planning
• Provide work direction counseling, coaching and performance reviews to hourly staff
• Develop and implements programs to improve guest and employee satisfaction. Ensure appropriate and timely investigation and responses to guest and employee concerns
• Ensures daily operating logs and employee records are accurately maintained
• Ensures that all safety procedures are understood and followed by providing up to date safety training to all employees
• Knowledge of operating budgets and adjusts operations as necessary to identify and control budgets.
• Conduct quality control inspections of all assigned areas
• Ensures that collective bargaining agreements are upheld by partnering with HR and Labor Relations to maintain positive union relationships
• Acts as EHS Safety Team representative for employees
• Acts as crisis management contact for guests and employee Medical/Emergency situations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school education required.
• Minimum 2 years of Operations management/team leadership experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be available and flexible to work weekends, holidays, and nights as required.
• Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Pay range: $23.50- $24.50
• Possess excellent written and verbal skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
• Strong focus on planning and organizing work load
• Proficient in Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word & Excel)
• Theme Park Operations knowledge
• Experience managing in a union environment
• Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
• Proactive thinker/self-starter
• Experience leading a diverse generational
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy5p2k-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.