Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world's most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it's on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
The Supervisor, Entertainment Costume Fabrication is responsible assisting the Manager, Entertainment Costume Fabrication with the daily supervisory leadership of the front line employees with a key focus on the daily operation of the Costuming Department.
• Oversee the daily operations of the Costume Areas; including monitoring staff and ensuring that all standard operating procedures are maintained.
• Coach, monitor and track the hourly staff's work processes. Instruct and monitor costume staff in required daily techniques and procedures.
• Monitor and track daily labor hours and correct as needed to remain on fiscal plan.
• Monitor overall labor/training budgets and report to Manager.
• Work with Costume staff and Entertainment Management on solutions to issues.
• Oversee costume inventories and requests orders as needed.
• Maintain quality control for all costume pieces.
• Supervise team member schedules. Perform proper and timely administration of daily payroll/time keeping.
• Oversee department staffing levels and hire new team members as needed.
• Communicate consistently with the hourly staff by providing feedback for both, recognition and opportunities for improvement, daily.
• Communicate with management and hourly team members, keeping communication open to maintain positive Team Member relationships.
• Provide coaching and timely investigation, responses to internal guest, and employee concerns.
• Develop and implement programs to improve internal guest and employee satisfaction.
• Monitor safety practices and respond to safety concerns. Implement Company sanctioned safety procedures. Investigate and resolve Environmental, Health and Safety Issues.
• Assist and supervise with the installation of new entertainment costumes/projects and events, as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• At least 2 years of costume operations management/team leadership experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be available to work on weekends, holidays and nights as required.
• Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and walking/traveling to multiple venues throughout the day.
• Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Work and PowerPoint.
• Two to four year college degree preferred, or equivalent work experiences
• Costume technical knowledge a plus
• Theme Park costume purchasing experience
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of employees and management, and willingness to give assistance to co-workers in other areas. Strong team player.
• Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
• Strong time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently under pressure; proactive thinker/self starter
• Ability to multi-task and being flexible is essential.
USH Entertainment Department is committed to promoting a collaborative, productive, and engaging workplace for all employees. We require Managers and Supervisors to lead by example promoting a professional, inspiring, fun, and teamwork-oriented work culture.
General Knowledge and Skills Required: Supervisor, Entertainment Costume Fabrication shall have the ability to read, interpret and follow documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Communicating and influencing: Communicate effectively with people at all levels in the organization. Give specific, timely feedback to managers and others to work together more effectively. Contribute to an enthusiastic, positive work climate that energizes others.
Managing Others: Identify required skills and criteria to ensure best quality hiring. Demonstrate the ability to assess performance and take appropriate corrective action up to termination if necessary. Provide associates with all the information, history and resources they need to do their jobs and to feel a partnership with the organization. Coach and develop company members for current and future responsibilities. Communicate performance goals and standards routinely so that company members understand expectations and how they are linked to organization and department vision, values, and goals. Provide regular, specific feedback that employees can use to continuously improve performance. Demonstrate a commitment to organizational initiatives with words and actions. Encourage employees to contribute; recognizing, reinforcing, and rewarding contributions. Encourage employees to be innovative and willing to take risks, tolerating well-intentioned mistakes.
Quality and partner focus: Continuously look for ways to refine and improve work processes to achieve better results. Follow through on commitments made to internal and external partners.
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY COMPETENCIES
Maximizing resources: Work collaboratively with all employees in the organization and support others when requested. Seek expertise, advice, and perspectives from a variety of sources both within and outside the organization to ensure a high work standard and an engaging culture for employees. Maintain a productive balance between the concern for people and concern for work results.
Project Management: Develop plans for accomplishing objectives, monitoring status, and providing regular status updates. Provide relevant information to others in a timely manner and follow through with commitments made to others. Recognize the broader implications of a project; doing all that should be done, not just as directed.
Learning and adapting: Remain productive during periods of ambiguity, uncertain
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxjkoq-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.