Want to get out of the regular ''News Production Formula'', explore new ways to use your storytelling and studio shots? NBC Owned Stations recently launched LX, a new news product, and we are seeking a Steadicam operator/Editor who's ready to help reinvent news.
We are looking for Steadicam Operators/Editor who are show designers and storytellers and want to use their skills to a brand-new way to produce news. Yes, this job provides a unique opportunity to join a team specifically designed to recreate the news for the next generation.
• Work with Director on developing creative ways to integrate and use Steadicam for studio or remote produced shows.
• Work closely and partner with the production and editorial team, from concept to final production of the show.
• Maintain Steadicam rig while suggesting improvements and new technologies
• Direction of talent and other production crew members in the studio
• Possess intimate knowledge of all studio equipment, sets and technologies.
• Provide Production support / direct shows for co-located local stations KXAS (NBC) and KXTX (Telemundo) on a regular basis
• Edit stories, including news, sports and features along with VO's, SOTs, bumps and teases for air using Edius and/or Adobe Premiere.
• Use of editorial judgment when selecting video and audio to help tell a story for broadcast
• QC of video being prepared for air and oversee media pushed into on-air playback systems
• Additional duties as needed/assigned
• Minimum of 3 years Steadicam experience at a network level, specializing in studio shows is preferred
• Minimum of 3 years news editing experience
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be able to work any of a 24 x 7 schedule
• Must be willing to work at the production center in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, just south of DFW Airport.
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Standing for prolonged periods of time
• Ability to carry 75 lbs.
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish oral proficiency a plus
• Must have strong oral /written communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to work accurately under pressure and deadlines.
• Must exhibit strong leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions in a high-pressure environment
• Believes that teams are smarter and more dynamic together
• Self-motivated, highly creative
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3qoq-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.