The Sr. News Producer is responsible for identifying newsworthy stories, conceptualize and produce rundowns, has active participation in editorial planning, has the ability to lead a team of news producers, writers and reporters.
• Determines the news editorial line of the day
• Works in collaboration with Assignment Editors, Reporters, and production crews
• Assigns stories to reporters
• Responsible for selecting, assigning, writing, and organizing news stories in rundown.
• Responsible for conceptualizing and writing accurate Spanish-language news stories
• Revises scripts for accuracy and grammar
• Generates relevant topics and news briefs with script and video
• Assists in writing news scripts and promotional teasers
• Works closely with Producers and Executive Producers on story planning and coordination
• Works under the direct supervision of the Executive Producer and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 2 years of experience working as a Producer in TV production and/or cable TV
• Must be fully fluent in English and Spanish (both written and verbal)
• Prior work experience directing and guiding talent in video productions
• Proficient in I-News and any other system for live news production
• Experience requesting news graphics including the editorial and creative process.
• Exhibits knowledge of current entertainment industry trends for the Latin Market in the US
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, dead-line-driven environment
• Accustomed to working in a team and collaborating with all levels within the organization
• Demonstrated self-starter with a highly developed Rolodex of contacts within the TV industry highly preferred
• Proven solid writing skills and editorial judgment
• Proven excellent interpersonal skills combined with a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story desired
• Willingness to travel with short notice and on weekends
• Willingness to work flexible hours including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjnqj0-34-204-169-230-42 in your application.