Director, Measurement Innovation
New York, NY
NBCUniversal is looking for a Sr. Manager of Primary Research within the Insights & Measurement team to execute primary research initiatives in support of the Advertising Sales organization across NBCU's linear TV and emerging digital platforms, including NBCUniversal's new streaming service, Peacock.
The Sr. Manager will be a critical player within the Insights & Measurement team and will be spearheading primary research studies that will help guide key strategic decisions for the business. The scope of project topics will vary, but our Sr. Manager will be keenly focused on driving innovation around NBCUniversal's ad experience.
Day to day, the Sr. Manager will consult with internal stakeholders to determine key objectives for upcoming projects, outline the right solution to solve these objectives and manage each initiative from design to delivery.
In this role, you will support the Director of Primary Research and work with stakeholders across the sales organization including the Sales Strategy, Sales Solutions and Marketing teams. You will uncover strategic insights to both develop and prove new ad products and deliver consultative intelligence to clients.
What We Need From You
The ideal candidate is a researcher ready to have an impact and help drive the development of proprietary insights. You should have deep experience with quantitative and qualitative primary research techniques, stewarding projects from design through delivery, and uncovering actionable insights. We will need you:
• To offer yourself as a resource on all things primary research to internal stakeholders and external advertiser clients
• To be ready to solve stakeholder problems by understanding their business objectives and crafting the best research design to help achieve these objectives
• To design and manage qualitative and quantitative research initiatives, including developing research instruments, managing fielding, analyzing data, writing reports, etc.
• To balance short-term insights needs with building a longer-term foundation of self-serve tools
• To discover the story in the data through thoughtful and robust analysis, while also leveraging third party data to contextualize and amplify the learnings
• To work with and manage research vendors to ensure adherence to industry best practices, stated timelines, contracted deliverables and high data quality
• To be a self-starter, a clear communicator and someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment
• And most importantly, to live the values of collaboration and teamwork, operating as One Team across NBCU Insights & Measurement
What You Will Get From This Role
• Conduct world-class research: Contribute to building proprietary research and insights assets
• Drive impact: Play a critical role in delivering on a strategic goal for NBCU ad sales in 2021 and beyond
• Encouragement to Innovate: Permission to challenge convention and develop new solutions and leading business recommendations
• Expand your knowledge: Complement the research expertise you've already built, by exploring and introducing new solutions to the organization
• Work with smart people and industry experts: Collaborate with NBCU experts across many different teams including Sales Strategy, Sales Solutions and Client Partnerships.
• Achieve career & professional growth: Access to resources to develop your career and professional management skills
• Work alongside a highly-performing Insights & Measurement team: You'll be joining a supportive team that is highly motivated and proud of what they do
• Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred in a relevant field (Business, Market Research, Psychology, Sociology, Statistics, etc)
• 5+ years' experience in primary research, designing and managing complex projects and consulting with clients and/or internal stakeholders
• Supplier-side experience required; media experience a plus
• Statistics knowledge and experience required; ability to conduct advanced statistical analysis like factor and conjoint analysis is an advantage but not required
• Proven collaboration and interpersonal skills including past success managing clients/stakeholders and vendors
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience with statistical analysis tools like R, SPSS and/or SAS preferred
• Mastery of Microsoft Office suite
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older