We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
NBC News Group is seeking a motivated and experienced Senior HR Manager. This is a unique and dynamic opportunity to provide human resources leadership and support for the News Group Digital Technology and NBC News Commercial groups. This role will be responsible for driving key HR initiatives in the areas of talent acquisition, performance management, change management, employee coaching, compensation planning, succession planning, employee experiences, and training & development. This is an opportunity to create and drive workforce programs that are designed for the unique needs of our technology and product workforce. This position will report into the Director of Human Resources, News Group Commercial and Digital Technology.
• Provide sound HR guidance and collaborate with business leaders to execute and enable business goals
• Leverage both qualitative and quantitative data to help shape and inform organizational decisions, including but not limited to organizational design and leadership development
• Partner with management to develop and implement training and strategies to retain internal, and attract external talent
• Work with managers and our Talent Acquisition team to identify key external talent and build out talent pipeline strategies
• Drive key HR initiatives across departments including workforce development, succession planning and innovative growth programs
• Provide coaching to team leaders and employees, offering feedback and advice on organizational issues
• Work to resolve employee and organizational issues in a proactive and positive manner
• Manage complex employee relations issues including organizational structures and investigations
• Uncover, assess, and propose opportunities for strategic improvements and operational enhancement
• Produce accurate and clear work of high quality
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field of study
• Minimum 6 years relevant HR experience including employee relations and organizational development
• Ideally has experience supporting a digital technology team
• Proven HR leader with the ability to generate a vision and strategy to guide the organization through change, rethinking the way they look at decisions
• Natural ease working with and relating to employee needs in a fast-paced, ever-changing, matrixed environment
• Demonstrated ability to interact with a range of personalities and styles and be able to establish effective relationships at all levels, responding effectively and timely to demanding internal clients
• Trusted business partner with strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and critical thinking skills
• Takes ownership; able to establish self as ''go-to'' HR resource
• Excellent leadership, problem solving, project management, and presentation skills
• Proven influencer with excellent conflict resolution skills
• Extremely flexible, highly organized and able to easily shift priorities
• Ability to analyze data and use data to tell a story
• Detail-oriented with excellent follow-through
• Ability to work independently and autonomously - juggling multiple priorities across various stakeholders
• Prior experience supporting a workforce comprised of both full-time employees and contractors/contingent workers
• Ability to manage time effectively to meet deadlines
• Interested candidates must apply to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY with travel to Englewood Cliffs, NJ as needed
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $110,000- $125,000; bonus eligible.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv219m-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.