We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture.
The Agency Partnerships Sales Strategy team is seeking a seasoned Sales Strategy Senior Manager who will be an integral member of the team and be responsible for leading projects and driving initiatives across the breadth of work provided by the team.
The NBCU Agency Strategy team works within the Ad Sales organization and is responsible for the design and execution of strategic growth initiatives to drive advertising revenue by working with our key agency partners. This team, in collaboration with Sales leadership, is responsible for partnering with agencies to develop a long-term strategic roadmap to grow overall revenue. This individual will have the opportunity to work across NBCU's linear and digital assets to work on identifying and then executing on growth strategies. This individual will be a key liaison between the ad sales group and the individual NBCU agencies. Acting as strategic consultants to our sellers, this dynamic team supports the needs of both the sales teams and the individual agencies across a wide range of dimensions including product innovation, sales optimization, go-to-market strategies, and market insights.
This is an exciting opportunity to define and execute key sales strategies for the NBCU Ad Sales business across our agencies, platforms and various partnerships. This role is responsible for partnering with the sales teams, pricing and planning, measurements and insights and product to create sales tactics and plans to maximize our advertising revenue.
This team is highly visible across the ad sales organization and senior leaderships relies heavily on their work to inform business decisions. The senior manager will interface with business leaders across multiple functions, both inside and outside Ad Sales. We're looking for a dynamic person to bring innovative thinking and strong analytical skills to help grow our business.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the monetization and go-to-market strategy of NBCUniversal's AVOD Linear and Digital Content
Develop C-Suite executive presentations for the NBCU Ad Sales organization to inform leadership on monetization strategy, performance, and new opportunities for growth / investment
‒ Create C-Suite level presentations around the evolution of NBCU's GTM/Monetization strategy
‒ Formulate new go to market strategies aimed at driving revenue across NBCU's ad sales business
‒ Develop strategy presentations for weekly leadership operating committee meetings
‒ Gather and track marketplace intelligence for other publishers and video tech players
‒ Surface competitive insights and formulate strategies to close gaps against competitive sets
Evaluate overall agency partnership by defining and measuring KPIs to drive change in agency/NBCU relationships
‒ Create agency playbooks by identifying key issues/opportunities by agency
‒ Collaborate with Agency Partnerships SVPs on overall agency relationship
Develop a multi-year joint agency/NBCU product roadmap in condition with NBCU Product team
‒ Align with agencies on common roadmap for Data, Measurement, Technology, and Automation
‒ Provide critical insights to NBCU on agency needs and creates commonality outside of sales process
‒ Create a hub-spoke model to bring in relevant NBCU folks into agency discussions
Develop Agency Partnerships Top Top Tops
‒ Lead a cross functional team in developing an external facing Csuite level presentation to showcase NBCU's GTM, audience consumption shifts and product developments
‒ Collaborate with sales leadership to develop detailed POV's on each Agency
Agency Internal Best Practices
‒ Drive collaboration across AP Managers/Leads by running a biweekly meeting aimed at understanding and sharing best practices
‒ Drive change in collaboration with the AP Managers/Leads on process improvements internally
Support agency voice of customer sessions to develop understanding of potential areas of growth
‒ Gather feedback from external agency partners to understand NBCU product and measurement gaps and areas to partner better with agencies.
‒ Develop a regular cadence with agency partners across planning, strategy, and buying groups to gather feedback to inform product roadmap
‒ Formulate plan to address Voice of Customer pain points in conjunction with Agency Partnerships Sales Leadership
Formulate long-term, holistic vision for One Platform within the broader NBCU Ad Sales portfolio, while ensuring tactical year-to-year progress toward that vision:
‒ Drive marketplace and competitive insights to inform NBCU's long-term growth opportunities
‒ Develop business case strategic analysis to drive data-driven decisions for long-term strategy
‒ Support the facilitation of cross-portfolio brainstorms with executive stakeholders
‒ Collaborate with core digital, linear and peacock strategy teams to ensure alignment against long-term strategic vision
‒ Partner with executive stakeholders to establish buy-in and develop executional plans to operationalize long-term strategy
Support the development of NBCU's portfolio sales go-to-market positioning:
‒ Partner with Marketing to formulate a marketplace narrative that supports our strategic sales initiatives
‒ Partner with Research teams to formulate new analyses and case studies to pressure test and/or reinforce our marketplace narrative
Support President of Agency Partnerships on all ad-hoc requests
• Must possess a passion for media and strong intellectual curiosity
• A minimum of 6 years previous relevant work experience; this could include professional services (e.g., consulting, investment banking) or media experience at a large network/publisher/agency
• Proven quantitative analytical abilities, including Excel modeling skills
• Strong PowerPoint skills and proven proficiency summarizing information/analyses into coherent and concise slides
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; the ability to present results of complex analyses clearly
• Excellent organizational, time and people management skills and the ability to work in groups and independently
• Capable of handling multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
• Team player focused on cultivating and growing strong internal and external relationships
• BA/BS or equivalent experience required
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Previous experience in advertising sales, a media/tech company or consulting/investment banking
• Ideal candidate is a proactive individual who possesses the ability to take initiative and perform analysis and other tasks with minimal supervision, including the ability to deal with competing priorities effectively, and work efficiently in a high-paced, results-oriented environment
• Thrives in organizations with high levels of cross-team coordination/dependency
• Passion for diving into complex concepts, defining value propositions and championing the voice of sales
• Ability to develop strong relationships with across all levels of the organization
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjm6qw-3-238-180-255-42 in your application.