The Senior Financial Analyst position is responsible for the daily financial activities of Telemundo Networks areas including programming content and overhead support for Entertainment & Content and Hispanic Streaming groups. These activities include month-end close, invoice processing, financial projections, forecasting (budgets/long range plans), variance analysis, scenario analysis, and financial modeling. This role will also be responsible for supporting the implementation of a Compass programming subledger system. This position works closely with programming, streaming, legal, technology/IT, other finance groups, controllership, vendor management and human resources across all levels of the organization. This position reports into the Finance Manager of Telemundo Content.
• Working closely with programming and streaming teams to prepare financials related to broadcast, streaming and cable grids including all genres (film, scripted, unscripted realities, specials)
• Ownership of film acquisitions/inventory and cable financials and projections
• Supporting overhead departments across programming content and hispanic streaming in daily activities including invoicing/payments, contract review, reimbursements, PCards, T&E questions, and any other spend-related questions
• Performing month-end closings, ensuring accuracy of entries and providing supporting documentation for account reconciliations and other closing activities
• Supporting Manager with regular reporting rhythm with operators to review actuals vs projected spend and help operational groups to remain within approved budgets
• Supporting the Compass programming subledger system implementation
• Meeting financial planning deliverables on time, with accuracy and clear variance analysis
• Participating in the creation of budgets/estimates/long range plans and loading such in the financial system (BPC)
• Support Greenlight preparations for key programming and production properties
• Be aligned with Business & Legal Affairs for contractual obligations related to business areas
• Review and approve invoices, contracts and other related transactions
• Support the Finance Manager on any related ad hoc
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent required.
• Minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in positions with demonstrated responsibilities in finance, accounting or similar quantitative analysis field.
• Solid business & media perspective with interest or experience in media industry
• Demonstrated proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
• Fluent in English (read, written, verbal).
• Proficient in Spanish a plus
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work late evenings, and occasional holidays or weekends per business need.
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
• Ability to quickly reassess priorities and adapt as required
• Work experience in Media, Entertainment or Advertising industry desirable
• Experienced with SAP and Business Enterprise Planning Systems
• Experienced with system implementation
• Demonstrated interpersonal & leadership skills
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Pioneering spirit - continuously seeking and implementing best practices
• Excellent time management skills, with a deadline orientation; ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
• Detail oriented and self-starter: can work independently and take initiative in challenging situations
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw923j-54-198-139-112-42 in your application.