The role is part of the head-office FP&A team located in Universal City, Loa Angeles. It resides within Universal Pictures Home Entertainment reporting into the FP&A Director. The Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) will be responsible for actively managing the center cost and domestic consumer marketing portfolio, the physical & digital TV consolidation & financial reporting, as well as assist with other various projects/ad hoc analyses. The SFA will work closely with both internal and external stakeholders and will interact with peers across the spectrum from financial analyst to CFO. External partners will include the Universal Studios TV Group, Home Entertainment Global Marketing, and Global Tech Ops teams. The candidate should have a solid background in financial analytics, with basic to intermediate Excel skills, and should display a proven history of independent and critical thinking skills.
• Consolidate and report Central Costs actuals, monthly estimates, and operating budget.
• Manage communications with the Marketing and Operations teams.
• Prepare monthly costs accruals.
• Manage the Central Costs upload process into corporate and Home Entertainment systems.
• Support the FP&A team with Domestic and Central Cost budgeting, monthly forecasting, and quarter-end processes.
• Provide robust variance analysis on a monthly basis and facilitate reviews with functional heads. and budget holders to identify areas of potential cost savings, risks, and opportunities.
• Review, analyze, and share insights/trends.
• Build effective business partner relationships with stakeholders.
• Contribute to various cost-related initiatives and ad hoc projects.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the company.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in Accounting or Finance.
• Basic-Intermediate Excel, PowerPoint, and analytical skills.
• Strong attention to detail and solid critical thinking.
• Quick learner, self-starter, and team player
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
Desired Characteristics :
• Must be proficient with MS Office Suite products – particularly strong Excel technical skills, with some SAP/AoE/BPC knowledge.
• Solid finance and accounting skills, excellent analytical abilities, outstanding process. improvement capabilities, and strong interpersonal skills.
• Firm understanding of basic accounting principles: accruals, revenue, and cost recognition.
• Experience working with and mining large amounts of data and streamlining manual processes.
• Exceptional attention to detail and high standards for quality and accuracy.
• Solid organization skills and ability to prioritize multiple and competing priorities.
• Excellent communication skills and a proactive approach to building working relationships in a matrix environment.
• Ability to plan and organize work in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to effectively handle sensitive and confidential matters.
• Media/Entertainment experience.
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company-sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary Range: $70,000.00-$95,000.00.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r786v9-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.