Director, Sales Strategy - Partnerships
New York, NY
NBCUniversal is looking for a passionate, well-organized, and highly effective individual to join our DTS Performance team. This newly created role is an exciting career opportunity that will work closely with our Sales leadership team and act as a liaison with Pricing & Planning and National Sales. The ideal candidate will deliver key strategic insights & support with the goal of maximizing revenue between DTS Performance and national sales inventory. The ideal candidate will also contribute cross-functionally in the planning, creation and communication of trends and insights through data analysis and storytelling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The ideal candidate will need to be both a creative thinker and be able to turn insights & trends into compelling stories by leveraging primary & syndicated data sources
• Support all levels of the DTS Performance team in the creation of detailed analysis, reports, and presentations covering revenue/yield performance across all marketplaces, both linear and digital.
• Coordinate with DTS Performance team to tactically drive goals across properties and networks and improve operational sales process
• Serve as a liaison with finance to develop and issue regular reporting that illustrates the revenue and yield contribution of the DTS Performance team.
• Responsible for preparing, reconciling and issuing insights on key sales metrics (such as average unit rate, inventory utilization, etc.) on an on-going basis
• Analyse monthly & quarterly sales performance against trends, budget objectives & competitive spending patterns to drive financial performance
• Develop data extract and analysis routines using Ad Sales reporting tools to support the DTS Performance efforts.
• Proactively gather and present information to high-level executives in a deadline-driven environment
• Collaborate with Sales Solutions & Product Development on improved Ad Sales reporting suite and automation.
• Create and develop initial reporting suite for DTS Partnerships team
• Respond to ad hoc metrics-related queries from the DTS team and management as needed
• Cultivate strong internal relationships across all levels of the organization
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum 1+ year(s) experience in media sales environment
• Basic understanding of media math
• Successful candidate must be a strategic thinker with a strong analytical mindset, able to draw connections & make hypothesis based on available data
• Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills. Focused on cultivating and growing strong internal relationships
• Team-oriented and motivated with the flexibility to work effectively under pressure, within a group or independently
• Capable of handling multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
• Act proactively to anticipate and deliver on reporting requests and internal needs
• Ability to work efficiently and accurately with excellent attention to detail
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of the organization, both written and verbally
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Intermediate skills in analytics systems preferred (Sintec, Microstrategy, SFDC, etc.)
• Relevant experience in Ad Sales planning and/or finance is a plus
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program