The team is responsible for leading all business and strategy functions for NBCU's Digital and Advanced TV advertising sales business, including Growth Strategy, Sales Strategy & Analytics, Business Development, Partnerships, Social & Sponsorships, and NBCU Ad Smart including Programmatic, Data Driven Linear, and Addressable. The team is responsible for developing a holistic ad sales strategy for the NBCUniversal portfolio of assets. That includes identifying profitable revenue opportunities, developing the structure, partnerships, capabilities, go-to-market strategies and execution plans necessary to capture the growth opportunities. We partner closely with the sales teams, the content teams, and functional teams (Finance, Research, HR) to manage the ad sales business across all screens: linear, streaming, and social.
The Senior Analyst, Growth Strategy is a critical role that is focused on scaling NBCU's Digital and Advanced TV business and supporting new initiatives that contribute to growth. The growing importance of digital, partnerships and advanced TV in NBCU's business model makes this an essential role for the ad sales organization and one that is focused on driving change and supporting the identification, research, modeling, and operations of significant growth opportunities. The candidate will assist in the evaluation of new marketing and advertising technology and determine fit and need across NBCU's portfolio.
The ideal profile of this position calls for a flexible and well-rounded individual contributor with analytical experience and a desire for operational experience working across business units.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Working directly with the VP, Growth Strategy, support business planning initiatives for Digital and Advanced TV advertising sales, contributing to the development of the overall annual strategic and financial plans
• Analyze and research the competitive landscape, market sizing, advertiser opportunity whitespace, and apply key insights into the digital & advanced TV business
• Assess opportunities and build metrics-driven business cases for (or against) new business lines, products, and partnerships, driving close collaboration with a broad group of stakeholders
• Support the development and execution of M&A activities related to advertising sales
• Manage and prepare regular executive communications and updates for the NBCU working teams and the most senior level of NBCU leadership including, CEO, Chairmen, and Presidents, as well as executive leadership at partner organizations including Apple, Google, Amazon, and others
• Document and analyze current business processes, underlying systems and applications, and integration needs from a prospective partnership and/or internal points of view
• Interest in competitive research and understanding industry trends, advertising growth opportunities, and advertising & marketing technology
The position targets and will grow skill sets across four key areas: growth strategy, internal and executive communication, business analytics, and deal & operations support.
• Minimum 2 years of experience, with a background in strategy, capital markets, management consulting, or a combination of the above
• Interest and passion for digital media, advertising, sales, and technology
• Exceptional, results-driven and focused individual, combining a quantitative outlook with the ability to organize, motivate and lead stakeholders across the company to drive change
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; the ability to present results of complex analyses clearly and succinctly
• Ability to communicate and work in a fast paced, results oriented environment
• Inquisitive and desire to learn through research, reading, and informal communications on news and updates relevant to the projects, companies, and partners
• Strong project management skills
• Bachelor's degree
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpxqk4-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.