NBC Universal is looking for a Social Producer for NBCLX, a new brand dedicated to telling stories in our local communities that compel our audience to engage and take action. The Social Producer will work with the Fort Worth, Texas-based team of NBCLX's broadcast news shows to produce and promote their content on digital platforms. This job provides a unique opportunity to join a team specifically designed to recreate the news for the next generation.
Our programming is authentic, interactive and informative and we need a Social Producer who is creative, organized and motivated to contribute to this evolution.
The person in this role will write headlines, display and social media copy for NBCLX's linear content and help manage content across all digital platforms, including the web, apps, social and OTT. The ideal Social Producer candidate is an excellent writer with experience creating unique and compelling digital/social content aimed at a younger audience. They must have strong copy-editing skills, a basic knowledge of video editing and photoshop programs, news judgment, and organizational ability, as well as a firm grasp of how younger news consumers use existing and emerging platforms. The right candidate has experience working on fast-paced deadlines and knows how to make stories shine on multiple platforms. The candidate must be a natural collaborator who is able to work effectively with the NBCLX team and the broader NBCUniversal Local division. This position is based at the NBC Dallas-Fort Worth newsroom in Fort Worth, Texas.
• At least 3 years of professional experience as a content creator for a digital-first news organization or brand.
• Experience working in a newsroom and creating digital or social media content on fast-paced deadlines.
• Proven track record managing assets published to digital platforms, including reviewing for accuracy and grammar.
• Basic understanding of video editing platforms and photo editing software, preferably in the Adobe line of products.
• Strong grasp of AP style.
• Prior experience working with a CMS.
• Understanding of digital analytics and trends
• Basic current knowledge of copyright laws as it applies to digital publishing and social media
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered for the position
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be willing to work in the NBC Dallas-Fort Worth newsroom in Fort Worth, Texas
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Strong editorial judgment and journalistic ethics
• Demonstrated experience producing engaging content aimed at a younger audience
• Proven knowledge of libel, slander laws in regards to digital media
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high-pressure environment
• Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
• Ability to create content for multiple platforms aimed at younger news consumers
• Experience managing a homepage and or social media channels for a digital news organization
• Copy editing experience is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5w671-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.