Social Marketing Manager
Universal City, CA
If you love TikTok memes, taking Instagram Story quizzes, live-tweeting about everything from true crime cold cases to the zombie apocalypse, and even more-we may have the job for you.
Our SYFY and Oxygen social marketing team is looking for a socially-driven individual to help us craft outside-the-box social media plans, create fan-first custom content strategies and build strong communities around our original programming, on-air stunts and brands.
The ideal candidate is not only passionate and knowledgeable about all things social media but also embraces the genres that both networks have to offer. They're experienced in developing social media marketing strategies, timely content calendars, social editorial and last-minute planning pivots while understanding the priorities of holistic marketing campaigns. This person will also partner with various agencies, vendors and internal stakeholders across the cable business to ensure engaging content goes live on a regular and timely basis across key social platforms. Unafraid of numbers, the candidate will use performance data as a way to iterate and evolve social content for higher levels of engagement and growth, both in real time and testing for the future.
• Plan, create and execute the social media content strategy in support of the show/initiative goals, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and more.
• Develop and implement an engagement strategy that focuses on driving tune-in/awareness, initiating conversations, building one-on-one relationships and influencing fan behavior.
• Analyze and communicate performance data on a regular basis to make improvements to content creation and social best practices across the cable marketing team.
• Create and maintain relationships, processes and project timelines with internal teams across creative, media, digital/editorial and brand strategy, as well as with agency partners to ensure proper execution of social strategies and business driving priorities.
• Ideate and coordinate social concepts that support department-wide marketing campaigns and sales opportunities across both SYFY and Oxygen properties.
• Manage the day-to-day coverage of our show's social support throughout the pre-premiere, premiere day and in-season phases.
• Work directly with the Director, Social Marketing to oversee owned social handles across SYFY and Oxygen to ensure output aligns with established objectives and KPIs.
• Help establish and maintain two distinct and authentic social voices that enhances each network and series brands, increases its reach and improves the fan experience.
• Potential opportunity to provide ad-hoc social marketing support across the other NBCU entertainment & lifestyle cable brands.
• Bachelor's degree required
• Minimum 3 years of social media and/or marketing experience preferably within the entertainment media industry
• Intimate understanding of social media space and emerging trends
• Proficient in social media content creation and ideation, up to date on trends and the latest content types being created in the social / entertainment industry space
• Proficient in a variety of social publishing, analytics and reporting tools
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Superior organizational skills and strong multi-tasking abilities
• Meticulous attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively
• Ability to initiate projects and see them through to completion
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7ov3-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.