Universal City, CA
Do you love all things social media when it comes to vampires, action movies, unsolved mysteries and true crime? We need you! The SYFY and Oxygen social team is looking for a Social Media Coordinator to help support our various social marketing endeavors, from the day-to-day management of our social handles to the execution of our social content strategies.
• Work closely with the Director, Social Marketing and Manager, Social Marketing on developing and carrying out the social strategies for SYFY and Oxygen's programming and marketing priorities.
• Gather, organize and schedule content as needed across the SYFY and Oxygen social handles on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, and any new/emerging social media platforms.
• Write and edit compelling and fan-first social media copy with the purpose of engaging the networks' communities, raise brand awareness and drive tune-in.
• Assist in community management and live tweeting shows without agency support, including writing copy and live-tweeting during primetime hours for specific priorities.
• Monitor and participate in social conversations on behalf of the networks to increase viewer engagement, including troubleshooting urgent community management issues that may arise.
• Administrative tasks such as managing asset deliveries, invoice submission and tracking, and submitting social creative briefs.
• Organize and maintain various document trackers, including cross-company marketing support, reports and budget pacing.
• Research / track industry trends and competitive executions to report out to the Social Team.
• Analyze and report on social performance and sentiment.
• Potential opportunity to provide ad-hoc social marketing support across the other NBCU entertainment & lifestyle cable brands.
• Bachelor's degree required
• Minimum 1 year of professional experience (internship experience included) preferably within social media and/or marketing
• Open to candidates located in the New York City, NY area or Los Angeles, CA area
• Understanding of social media space and emerging trends
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Superior organizational skills and strong multi-tasking abilities
• Meticulous attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively
• Ability to initiate projects and see them through to completion
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2296y-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.